Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2022, 05:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
I feel that the warranty is useless simply because most of the dealerships out there are piss poor in their customer service and in their quality of work. A manufacturer warranty is only as good as the dealerships that uphold it, and unfortunately these days, they mostly all suck.
When you buy an RV you are not buying a piece of metal.. You are buying a relationship.. Choose your RV partner carefully.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 01:08 PM   #22

Jayco Warranty Response

I emailed Jayco to complain about a local dealer not wanting to do warranty work for me. Here's what they said:

"Jayco does not own its dealerships. If you purchased the unit from the local Jayco dealership they should work on your unit. If you didn’t buy from them. We can request that they work on your unit. Jayco can’t force them to work on it."

So they need to put an asterisk next to their warranty language:

**Jayco Warranty work not honored in all states.
N Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:22 PM   #23

I had NIRVC do my warranty work with no issue at all. If there is one close to you I’d give them a call.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:10 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
When you buy an RV you are not buying a piece of metal.. You are buying a relationship.. Choose your RV partner carefully.
I think a more accurate statement would be "when you are buying an RV you are buying an inferior product built with inferior materials using inferior workmanship and no quality control"

Jayco 2-3 year warranty is a joke and the dealers are a bigger joke
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 08:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosevelt008 View Post
I think a more accurate statement would be "when you are buying an RV you are buying an inferior product built with inferior materials using inferior workmanship and no quality control"

IF this is your attitude, why did you buy an inferior product built with inferior materials, using inferior workmanship with no quality control???? Were you forced into the purchase?

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 09:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
That only works if you have a dealer near you thats competent.
My 2nd RV I bought the dealer went out of business for tax reasons.
My 3rd RV was bought 250 miles from home because I got the best deal there. Only needed on warranty repair and they let me use a local independent RV repair shop. Owned it for 6 years and it was the best RV to date.
My 3rd RV was bought 50 miles away as that was the closet dealer for the brand. They failed to fix 2 major items and flat out told me that I should probably take it back to the factory as they had no clue how to fix one of the issues.
I buy where I get the best deal, since even the best RV dealers aren't all that great. Most of the time you can save $1K's from one dealer to the next. I'll take the savings over the chance the dealer is totally competent.
I also try and fix everything possible myself which takes the dealers repair dept out of the equation.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 09:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
IF this is your attitude, why did you buy an inferior product built with inferior materials, using inferior workmanship with no quality control???? Were you forced into the purchase?
No never forced into a buy. I've owned 9 RVs different types different manufacturers. We use them for various purposes. It's just a fact and unfortunately many people are duped into buying them or don't know much about them - hence it's basically an unregulated industry. So that was me just stating a fact based on actual experience.
Roosevelt008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosevelt008 View Post

We've had a dealer relationship for seven years
They do a FREE Annual inspection and have pointed out aome things that could use fixing snd under warranty.
We have been to most all the US and all of Canada including Newfoundland Labrador
170,000 miles and no issues that were not easily fixed
And a good bit of that on dirt and heaved roads
Of course the more geegaws on a RV the more that can go wrong
But I am not buying a depreciating asset that costs more than my house
Of course it's a rolling can!
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 10:59 AM   #29

Yes, the Jayco warranty is useless.
J05H is offline   Reply With Quote