Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #21

WoW Alaska, yes that wouldn't be cost effective for me. Thanks for the reply & enjoy the season.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #22

2015 DSRL Summit edition. LED lights locked the TV screen when turned on. Furnace was only coming out one duct. Bath faucet had to be replaced. Storage compartment leaked into bedroom when it rained. Screen door plastic opener had to be cut down. Side window opener and window had to be replaced. Other than those, no problem.:-(
rhouthoofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:04 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlyretirement View Post
I bought a 2016 25BHS in October 2015. I'm really enjoying it. I've used it about 4 times so far for weekend trips. I've only had minor issues and Jayco was great. The place where I bought it, Richardson's RV was very slow for the maintenance work. I had to wait 2 months to get it in and then it took over 1 month to fix it.

I emailed Jayco from their website and they authorized me to take it to someone else for the repair work. However, everyone around the holidays was booked out so I just took it to Richardson's RV in Menifee.

The problems I had were not major. Water was leaking under the bathroom sink. Turned out a gasket was not tightened. The pocket door between the bedroom and living room came off the track in transit and had to be repaired. The closet door and some kitchen drawers were loose and they tightened them.

I upgraded the battery. I added two 6 v. deep cycle golf batteries and have them in series. The original 12 v. battery that came with it didn't last long at all when I was dry camping one weekend and one of my experienced friends recommended buying two 6 v. deep cycle batteries. I haven't had to use them yet as I haven't dry camped yet but I will this weekend and see how long they last.

I also upgraded the TV. It came with a 32' LCD TV but I replaced it with a nice 32' LED Samsung smart TV so I can use Netflix with it streamed from my iphone.

I also bought a Honda 2000 w. generator which I'd highly recommend if you will dry camp. It's quiet and works well. I am also planning to buy an inverter so I can use the TV and microwave at night.

I have 3 young kids so the set up and floor plan of the 25BHS is perfect. The queen size bed is very comfortable. The kids haven't complained about the double bunk bed mattresses. And I haven't used the convertible table/cushion bed yet.

It has tons of storage space which I really appreciate. And I like the kitchen island set up. The additional bathroom door is a big plus so the kids don't have to go through the RV all the time to access the bathroom. But a negative if you go camping in groups/friends is they will use your bathroom more frequently.

All in all, I'm really happy with my trailer. Still a rookie and learning a ton but it sure beats tent camping.
I see you tow with an escalade from your signature. Any issues with the weight of the 2016 25 BHS? I may be getting that model TT & have an F 150 with 5.0 V8 & 3:31 rear gears, it has the tow package. I am just trying to keep in the 80% tow range.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote