Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #1

Jayco Whitehawk

Thinking of buying a new whitehawk 25BHS, does any body have a similar model, would like to know what the quality is like etc??

regards

stuart
stuart0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:58 PM   #2

We have a Whitehawk 27DSLR and love it. We have been to several shows and can not find anything in or near it's class we like better.

I spent 6 hours during PDI and very few items. Now have a lot of time in it we are still happy.

Www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 03:30 PM   #3

We too have the 27DSRL and have had little problems with it. The bunk house series just remember not to overload it with added things. Get it loaded with everything your taking on the trip have the TV also loaded and hit some CAT SCALES. Best $$$ I spent was to have this done so you know your weights. Remember, weight can be crucial. We thought about the bunkhouse but no kids, it would mean having extra space to add weight so we decided against it.
Jhnbggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:19 PM   #4

We purchased a 2016 Whitehawk 33 RSKS with all options at the end of last August 2015. We are very pleased with the camper so far. Had some minor issues that the dealer took care under warranty. Towed and handled real nice over 3800 miles towing TT so far.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum!!

The White Hawk we have is awesome. We love it. It's not the same floor plan you're looking at, but, we spent time looking at TT's over a year and fell in love with ours and the oversized bunk beds. We had a few minor issues and dealer repainted under warranty. Ready to de-winterize and head out for another season of traveling with the family. Good luck!!
Equil-I-Zer WDH

Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #6

28dsbh

We've had our 28DSBH for 3 years and LOVE IT! We often go to RV shows but always leave knowing we didn't find anything that we liked better. You can't go wrong.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:17 AM   #7

24 RBS 2014 , happy with it, very few defects all fixed by Jayco. I just dont like composite floor (sandwich) they should have stick with plywood, new one are plywwod I think

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:20 PM   #8

We have a 2015 25BHS. Absolutely love it. Never had any issue with the quality. Different opinions and experiences from different places and different manufacturing times plague everything from automobiles, to trucks and trailers and motor homes.

However, once we saw the floor plan for the 2016 25BHS, we considered trading in. I really like the idea of the door off the bathroom on the street side. Though with having the sink on the island that door is a necessity if you want access to the bathroom or the back side of the TT while traveling.

Having the slide outs on both sides makes for a more appealing space once its all opened up, but again, it's a necessity with the island. The downside to this, is that we have noticed and been to a couple of RV sites where RV's park right next to each other and when everyone has slides opened, it can get ridiculous to walk around your rig (we usually avoid sites that require us to park immediately next to another RV).

Though we do prefer to boondock off the beaten path and away from RV parks whenever we can help it.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #9

Yet another happy 27DSRL owner here. Zero complaints so far! Didn't know about the sandwich floor concerns when we purchased in Aug of 2015, but ours is a 2016 model which I have heard are plywood. It's one of the things on my list to look into for confirmation when it comes out of winter storage.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:58 PM   #10

We purchased a 2016 Whitehawk 25BHS in August. It is our first experience with a travel trailer after years of pop-up camping. To us this is like staying in a Holiday Inn...we love it. We have one issue to be resolved under warranty in the spring which is the replacement of on of the speakers which quit working. We have only had it out three times. The bed is comfy, the shower works well, furnace is not real loud, heats evenly and does not seem to use much propane. Plenty of storage and it tows nicely behind my '14 Silverado (5.3L, 3.42) but mileage drops to about 11mpg. Some of the switches are placed oddly ("back porch" light switch is on the main control console and not by the back door. I might go for the 28RBH just for a bit more seating space were I it do it again. Overall quality seems decent. So far we love it!
Brian D-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #11

Welcome aboard and good luck with your decision...
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #12

Our White Hawk was our first TT and we loved her. She gave us two years and ~11k trouble free miles. Only traded her as we wanted a little more space, especially in the bedroom
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:08 AM   #13

thanks for all you comments, i live in N. Ireland so we are restricted to the size of unit we can tow.
Also the nearest dealer we have is in England & we have to buy from a brochure as he does not stock the model we like.
We are coming for a 32ft RV (coachmen mirada) so it will be a big change but we feel we would like to have our truck with us & the trailer offers double bunk beds for the kids.
How do travel trailers tow behind a truck?
stuart0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #14

I bought a 2016 25BHS in October 2015. I'm really enjoying it. I've used it about 4 times so far for weekend trips. I've only had minor issues and Jayco was great. The place where I bought it, Richardson's RV was very slow for the maintenance work. I had to wait 2 months to get it in and then it took over 1 month to fix it.

I emailed Jayco from their website and they authorized me to take it to someone else for the repair work. However, everyone around the holidays was booked out so I just took it to Richardson's RV in Menifee.

The problems I had were not major. Water was leaking under the bathroom sink. Turned out a gasket was not tightened. The pocket door between the bedroom and living room came off the track in transit and had to be repaired. The closet door and some kitchen drawers were loose and they tightened them.

I upgraded the battery. I added two 6 v. deep cycle golf batteries and have them in series. The original 12 v. battery that came with it didn't last long at all when I was dry camping one weekend and one of my experienced friends recommended buying two 6 v. deep cycle batteries. I haven't had to use them yet as I haven't dry camped yet but I will this weekend and see how long they last.

I also upgraded the TV. It came with a 32' LCD TV but I replaced it with a nice 32' LED Samsung smart TV so I can use Netflix with it streamed from my iphone.

I also bought a Honda 2000 w. generator which I'd highly recommend if you will dry camp. It's quiet and works well. I am also planning to buy an inverter so I can use the TV and microwave at night.

I have 3 young kids so the set up and floor plan of the 25BHS is perfect. The queen size bed is very comfortable. The kids haven't complained about the double bunk bed mattresses. And I haven't used the convertible table/cushion bed yet.

It has tons of storage space which I really appreciate. And I like the kitchen island set up. The additional bathroom door is a big plus so the kids don't have to go through the RV all the time to access the bathroom. But a negative if you go camping in groups/friends is they will use your bathroom more frequently.

All in all, I'm really happy with my trailer. Still a rookie and learning a ton but it sure beats tent camping.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGun40 View Post
We have a 2015 25BHS. Absolutely love it. Never had any issue with the quality. Different opinions and experiences from different places and different manufacturing times plague everything from automobiles, to trucks and trailers and motor homes.

However, once we saw the floor plan for the 2016 25BHS, we considered trading in. I really like the idea of the door off the bathroom on the street side. Though with having the sink on the island that door is a necessity if you want access to the bathroom or the back side of the TT while traveling.

Having the slide outs on both sides makes for a more appealing space once its all opened up, but again, it's a necessity with the island. The downside to this, is that we have noticed and been to a couple of RV sites where RV's park right next to each other and when everyone has slides opened, it can get ridiculous to walk around your rig (we usually avoid sites that require us to park immediately next to another RV).

Though we do prefer to boondock off the beaten path and away from RV parks whenever we can help it.
I have been looking for a 2015 25 BHS & find none in my area yet for sale. I'm in Orlando, Fl. I see your thinking of trading in, If you are interested in selling it plz let me know.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #16

We bought a 2015 White Hawk 28dsbh in Nov of last year. To be honest, we were looking at either a Forrest River, Keystone or Cruiser with the same or similar floor plan. We even considered a Grand Touring bunkhouse model but something about the lack of warmth just turned us off. After shopping several dealerships we stumbled on the Jayco and we were impressed. OUrs was the last 2015 on the lot so we got a pretty good deal on it. I visit it often on the side of my house though almost like my personal "man cave" to get away from the kids for a few minutes. It's only been out once so far but it seems to be a great TT with a lot of modern features. The only thing we didn't care for are the sliding bedroom doors so I removed them.
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #17

Yeah I really like the floorplan but especially the weight of the 2015 BHS. I have an F150 with 5.0 v8 but with the 3:31 rear gear ratio. I am looking for a TT that weighs under 7,000lbs loaded. I almost bought a new Coachman freedom express but after inspection of the inside I was frightened off. One cabinet side was hanging off & you could see the staples that held it together, Insulation around the bathroom skylight fan vent was hanging off (I'm thinking water leaks), & the cheap decorative veneer on the kitchen counter side cabinet by the entance door already had a seam buckleing out. This was a brand new unit thatust have been built late Friday before a holiday weekend or something, unbelievable.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeneck View Post
We bought a 2015 White Hawk 28dsbh in Nov of last year. To be honest, we were looking at either a Forrest River, Keystone or Cruiser with the same or similar floor plan. We even considered a Grand Touring bunkhouse model but something about the lack of warmth just turned us off. After shopping several dealerships we stumbled on the Jayco and we were impressed. OUrs was the last 2015 on the lot so we got a pretty good deal on it. I visit it often on the side of my house though almost like my personal "man cave" to get away from the kids for a few minutes. It's only been out once so far but it seems to be a great TT with a lot of modern features. The only thing we didn't care for are the sliding bedroom doors so I removed them.
I've been looking to add a door on my trailer. Are you willing to sell the slider hardware from your door?
Reese SC Weight Distrubition with sway control (12,000lb)
Jhowemca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #19

Check-out our signature for what we have. We are VERY happy with both our trailer and truck and plan on sticking with them for many years! What we were looking for and ultimately 'sold' us were [1] the outdoor kitchen (use it ALL the time - reduces inside humidity), [2] bunks (that double as storage for outdoor folding furniture when we don't have guests), [3] master bed access from both sides with the ability to extend the queen-short to a queen-regular (there is enough room at the foot of the entertainment center to put on a standard size queen topper ~ not only better length but bedding is less costly with more selection). Even after looking at the 2016, we still prefer the 2015 floorplan without the kitchen island because of the storage right inside the door ~ and we can get to the bathroom without extending the slide. BTW, as the DW, the truck is a dream on steep/twisty roads - no more white-knuckling for me!

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert9999 View Post
I have been looking for a 2015 25 BHS & find none in my area yet for sale. I'm in Orlando, Fl. I see your thinking of trading in, If you are interested in selling it plz let me know.
We are going to go through this season before we make a decision to trade up. However, consider ordering it through a local dealer or contact Jayco directly. To be blunt, we live in Alaska, so even if we were to want to sell it right away, it would not be very cost effective for you to buy from me. Shipping these things costs a pretty penny.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote