Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #1

Jayco whitehawk leveling ?

So I have ordered a Whitehawk 28dsbh and looking at delivery sometime in the beginning of October (hopefully anyway). The axles being so far apart is making me question the best way to level it. So I have thought about the Anderson Levelers but have seen some reviews about them falling apart which would not be good. So my question is has anyone ever tried Blaylock EZ Lift?

http://www.etrailer.com/Wheel-Chocks...s/EZ-JACK.html

It is actually to change tires but says it can be used for levelers also. My biggest concern is being able to get 2 of them in there to back up to make it level. I think they are a little bigger than the Anderson levelers which could cause an issue. So if anyone has tried this with a similar model please let me know.

Thanks
josh.rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #2

We just use the Lynx levelers and build and drive up. I make the platform wide enough to chock the wheels, then as normal course we use the BAL extra wide X-Chocks to lessen the rocking of the trailer.

Congratulations on the new trailer!
Old 09-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #3

I use 2x6" long planks, I have 3 of them. I set what I need down on the ground and pull the trailer up to level it. I carry them in the front storage compartment. As for using the easy lift to change your tires. It won't work, your axles are too far apart. I didn't have the Blaylock easy lift but I had the Trailer Aid plus (which gives you an extra inch of lift)..pull up on it and the other tire stays on the ground. I keep a bottle jack in case of a tire change.
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I thought about both the 2x6 Planks and Lynx Levelers but I am sure it takes a lot of the levelers and the 2x6 planks would have to be very long and add a lot of weight. But I am not going to spend that kind of money on 2 of them if it won't work. So unless I hear from someone that has tried it I guess wood planks will be the winner.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #5

We have a 2014 WhiteHawk 30DSQB......level left to right first....I have a bubble leveler mounted up front by the electric jack and I look at it before unhooking.....it tells me where my low side is and tells me how many inches low that I am.....I use the lynx blocks to level ...I bought two of the 10 packs.....I stack for both wheels on the low side according to how many inches are needed(stacks look just like the picture below).....drive onto the blocks...chock behind the wheels....I place X-chocks between the wheels on each side(you need the extra wide sets because of the axles)....now level front to back...unhook.... I place 2x8, 2x10, or 2x12 cut blocks that are approx. 10-12 inches long under the four scissor jacks and lower them onto the blocks....I'm done....sometimes I double check with a 4 foot level on the floor in front of the refrigerator......the less you have to let the 4 scissor jacks down the more stable your trailer will be.
Attached Thumbnails
_20140905_172841.jpg  
Attached Images

2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition, Glacier Package
2012 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT 4WD Crew Cab...DuraMax/Allison....3.73 Rear Axle.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ 4WD Crew Cab...Vortec 6.0L V8...3.73 Rear Axle..(traded)
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche...5.3L V8...3.42..(traded)
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #6

The following morning when the eggs don't run in the pan is when I know I got it close. That's within range of being level. Good for the fridge, and easier to cook eggs. Win-win.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #7

Great information

I happen to be looking at Camco and Lynx levelling blocks tonight when I saw this thread. I never worried too much about side to side levelling, but I want to be a bit more picky with the new camper coming. I'm looking forward to hearing more opinions about the levelling blocks.
lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #8

I am not opposed to boards or lynx blocks. Just trying to get the easiest and lightest way to level. The lynx might be the best except having to have 2-3 sets because of the wide axles. The boards are the cheapest but having 3 at 6 feet is a lot of weight. The ez-lift and Anderson levelers seem to be very quick and not a lot of hauling a bunch of blocks or wood. But I don't want to spend 120 dollars for something that won't work. Looks like lynx levelers will be on order
Old 09-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #9

Looks like lynx blocks may be on order this week. Thanks Josh.
lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #10

We used our new Andersen Levelers for the first time a couple weeks ago. Man, oh man! Leveling was never faster or easier! We got the trailer into position on the site, placed the levelers behind the low side wheels, DW backed onto the levelers while I watched the level placed on the TT bumper. Once it read level, I chocked the levelers, unhooked & leveled front to rear. It took us about 5 minutes to level and I never broke a sweat! Of course, I still had to do the other set up stuff... hook-ups, homemade X-chocks, etc. So total set up time was about a leisurely 1/2 hour. But we love the Andersens! They are worth every penny and are as quick and easy as they look in their videos

2013 Jayco Whitehawk 27DSRL
RDUBYA448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #11
WCT

I have a 27DSLR that we just bought this spring. After a ton of research we bought the Anderson levelers. The best purchase we ever made for the trailer. I now got rid of all the wood planks we had and bought two of the Anderson's for each tire. Easy storage and very easy to use. We pull in to our spot, and either back on or pull on them in one try and your done.

Don't know how any reviews would indicate that they break down???? They are heavy duty and I would find it hard to believe that they would break in any way.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #12

I have done a ton of research also maybe too much. I have read a lot of good reviews and I have came across a few that said they broke. Maybe it is the size and weight of the trailer. Here is one of the reviews I found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/review/RFPA...SIN=B001GC2LVM

How does removing the Anderson Levelers work out. I guess you just pull or back off of them? Is there anyway it could damage anything when pulling off it?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.rebecca View Post
The boards are the cheapest but having 3 at 6 feet is a lot of weight. The ez-lift and Anderson levelers seem to be very quick and not a lot of hauling a bunch of blocks or wood.
Explain the 3 at 6 feet comment. I use wood blocks [2x6x12] and carry about 8 or 9 of them. Also maybe 4 [3/4"x6x12] for a half bubble adjustment. Pack them all in a plastic Pepsi crate that slides easily into the storage or back of the truck. If one breaks or is left behind, I make a new one before the next trip. In a pinch the extras can be used for fire starters. The only plastic levelers I've ever had I found at CG's that were left behind by others.

added weight from wood is minimal, they are easy to use, and cheap to make.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Explain the 3 at 6 feet comment. I use wood blocks [2x6x12] and carry about 8 or 9 of them. Also maybe 4 [3/4"x6x12] for a half bubble adjustment. Pack them all in a plastic Pepsi crate that slides easily into the storage or back of the truck. If one breaks or is left behind, I make a new one before the next trip. In a pinch the extras can be used for fire starters. The only plastic levelers I've ever had I found at CG's that were left behind by others.

added weight from wood is minimal, they are easy to use, and cheap to make.
I was saying using 3 boards at approx 6 feet in length. Maybe not that long I don't have the trailer here to measure. I guess what you use would work I just think that I could have problems with the boards sliding but maybe not it obviously works for you. The last TT I had I used 3 boards one was approx 40" the next was 34" and the next was 30-32". I would just lay how much I needed to raise it and back on. The boards wouldnt slide when I was backing up because of the weight.

I dont know that I want to use the plastic blocks but they seem alright except the cost. The anderson leverlers seem to be awesome but they are also expensive. And the wood is the cheapest and most weight but it is not like I am talking hundreds of pounds but everything adds up.

Thanks for your reply I think I will start with wood and if that dont work out I will try something else and will tell all my thoughts
Old 09-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
WCT

Josh, What you do is pull onto them and until you reach the right height for your TT to level. Takes less than 5 minutes. Then when your ready to leave, you simply back off of them, get out of your truck and pick them up and stow them away and drive away.

I read that review you posted on the Anderson's breaking in half. After getting mine and actually holding them, I can't imagine in a million years how one would break in half. That one had to have been defective from the factory or something. They are made from a heavy duty composite. They are not real light weight as the plastic square levelers are. I hope that helps.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #16

Yes that does help. They seem to be the way to go as far as easy setup. I would say that I will try them at some point I just wish it would get here before snow comes and I can't use it.

Thank you for your reply I figured they had to be heavy duty to hold up to 30,000 lbs. That is a lot of weight
Old 09-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #17

I too use the Lego blocks and find that there's enough room between the wheels to set up what you need to get level, no need for the 6' boards. I haven't tried the Anderson's, but have seen them in use and they look like a slick, though IMO expensive, system.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote