Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2021, 11:41 AM   #1

Jayco X17Z - Solar Panel Size

Trying to locate the recommended solar panel wattage for my 2017 Jayco X17Z and can't find it anywhere in the manual or on the Jayco web sites. Anyone know where to find it? Also - it is pre-wired for solar so do I only need a panel or do I need a charge controller also? Looking to be able to fully recharge battery each day on solar only so we have a furnace and a couple of the lights at night. I have a 50W now that doesn't have enough output to overcome the draw in the camper. Thanks!
fox61kart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #2

It's not as much as a recommended size as it is how much power are you using that you need to replenish each day. Do you know how much you are pulling out of your battery? If not, you will need to be able to monitor that. What size is your battery bank? Do you need extra capacity in case you have a cloudy day or are you willing to chance it? There are simply too many variables. You absolutely do need a charge controller. This video may get you started. There are lots of good videos on the subject on youtube.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:35 PM   #3

This is another good one....