Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2021, 07:17 AM   #1

Jaycommand BMPRO update

Has any one had any issues with the jaycommand app not updating and can’t use? Is see issues in the 5th wheel section but it’s a different system than in my WhiteHawk. My panel is small. Has no settings to hook up to wifi. Every time I try to use the app it says firmware update. Then it fails and won’t let you use the app. This has been going on for months and very aggravating.
Sent numerous inquiries to BMPRO, but they don’t answer. Of cours, my dealer doesn’t know anything.
Rosims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosims View Post
Has any one had any issues with the jaycommand app not updating and can’t use? Is see issues in the 5th wheel section but it’s a different system than in my WhiteHawk. My panel is small. Has no settings to hook up to wifi. Every time I try to use the app it says firmware update. Then it fails and won’t let you use the app. This has been going on for months and very aggravating.
Sent numerous inquiries to BMPRO, but they don’t answer. Of cours, my dealer doesn’t know anything.
You should be on WiFi if it says it needs an update, or have been at some point. On our Jaycommand wall tablet you have to leave the Jaycommand App and go to settings. You should see a google prompt. You may already have an account with them, if not, create a goggle account. Once done, go to google play and look for the Jaycommand app. As soon as it shows, it will recognize you already have it and prompt you to update. Once done with that, you go back to Jaycommand, and your system may have a slightly different procedure to do this. Once back in, BMPRO may require you to log back in with your email/password. If you can post a picture of your panel, it might help us help you.
Rene
Old 10-24-2021, 09:33 AM   #3

Happened twice - updates, then keeps trying to do it again. Solution that worked for me: after the update finishes (and now your asked to do it again infinitely) simply disconnect shore power and flip your battery switch to off. Wait a couple of minutes reconnect power and you’re good.

Jayco customer service advised this procedure.

Good luck
DD-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
You should be on WiFi if it says it needs an update, or have been at some point. On our Jaycommand wall tablet you have to leave the Jaycommand App and go to settings. You should see a google prompt. You may already have an account with them, if not, create a goggle account. Once done, go to google play and look for the Jaycommand app. As soon as it shows, it will recognize you already have it and prompt you to update. Once done with that, you go back to Jaycommand, and your system may have a slightly different procedure to do this. Once back in, BMPRO may require you to log back in with your email/password. If you can post a picture of your panel, it might help us help you.
Rene
There is no wifi on this system. Or any way to log in. Just a small control panel it is not a 5th wheel.
Old 10-24-2021, 10:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD-22 View Post
Happened twice - updates, then keeps trying to do it again. Solution that worked for me: after the update finishes (and now your asked to do it again infinitely) simply disconnect shore power and flip your battery switch to off. Wait a couple of minutes reconnect power and you’re good.

Jayco customer service advised this procedure.

Good luck
Sounds easy, but mine will not update. Keeps saying retry. All it will do.
Old 10-24-2021, 06:36 PM   #6

You have to make sure that the power to the control module is off for the reset to work. I pulled off the panel behind it and pulled out the 25A fuse, waited a short time, and then it would work properly.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGT View Post
You have to make sure that the power to the control module is off for the reset to work. I pulled off the panel behind it and pulled out the 25A fuse, waited a short time, and then it would work properly.
I’ll try that. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:57 PM   #8

If the fuse option does not work, and hopefully it does, a unasked question is are you Android or Apple? If Android try it with a Apple phone. From what I have seen from various RV's all of the tech tends to really like Apple vs Android.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:08 AM   #9

I finally heard from BMPRO. This is there response. Will try this over the weekend.

To force the firmware update to push through please take the following steps.

1. Close out of the JAYCOMMAND app. Swipe all the way out so that its not running in the background.

2. Remove shore power from RV.

3. Disconnect the battery. NOTE: flipping the battery disconnect switch will not kill power to the JAYCOMMAND system! You must physically disconnect the battery.

4. Wait 30 seconds.

5. Connect battery.

6. Plug back in shore power cord.

7. Open JAYCOMMAND app and try to push the firmware again. Stay close to the RV.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
If the fuse option does not work, and hopefully it does, a unasked question is are you Android or Apple? If Android try it with a Apple phone. From what I have seen from various RV's all of the tech tends to really like Apple vs Android.
I have an apple. Pulling the fuse would be the same as there solution. I’ll see this weekend. Thanks
Old 10-26-2021, 03:36 PM   #11

Wow, that is one good design if have to cold start everything...(sarcasm there. )
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:12 AM   #12

OneCommand to BMPPro?

I have a 2018 Pinnacle with the OneCommand system. Is it possible to upgrade/replace that system with the BMPPro? If it is possible.... is it worth it?
Moseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 12:21 PM   #13

Can't answer if you can, anything is doable, but our campers are wired to run most everything with Jaycommand, and I don't think it will talk to a different system. I am quite sure the BMPRO node is expensive all by itself, before talking about anything else related to it and the camper.