Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-26-2020, 03:25 PM   #1

JAYCOMMAND furnace issues

We have just purchased a 2021 White Hawk 24MBH with the Jaycommand system. When attempting to use the furnace for the first time the furnace would not fire, click or blow any air from the vents. Gas is getting to stove just fine and all other electrical components. When thermostat gets to temperature furnace should operate, the AC kicks on. Not sure if ac being on is normal. Jay command does not have any fan options in heat portion of temperature control. Battery was charged for a good 5 hours on drive home from dealership through 7 pin. Our dealers service department left early for thanksgiving and Jayco hasn’t returned my calls. Has anyone had similar issues?
CPontius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:08 AM   #2

The thermostats on these are really touchy. It sounds like you have the AC on instead of the heat. The fan setting is separate from the heat/ac and can be set on or auto.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #3

If it’s a Dometic T-Stat you have to make sure the cooling and heating set points are not the same. You need to offset at least a few degrees.
Old 11-28-2020, 12:37 AM   #4

Thanks, finally got in touch with dealership and something is definitely off with thermostat with ac engaging in lieu of furnace.
CPontius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:36 PM   #5

Jaycommand

I got in touch with BMPRO over the issue of air blowing from the A/C in heat mode. This is normal for the Jaycommand as it supposed to allow the circulation of air. An update will come in Feb 21 to allow the fan to be turned off.
Ahaw90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 10:49 AM   #6

My 2021 is the same and I dont see how to turn off the fan. Our trip on TG I just used the space heater which worked fine. I guess we will see what happens in Feb.
TMTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #7

Took out our new Eagle HT TT tonight and ran into the same issue.
I looked through all my documentation and nothing in the Jaycommand BMPro about the AC fan running with Heater. I was going crazy trying turn off the AC fan.
That brought me here and i'm somewhat relieved it was not my new rig.
I hope that update soon though.
Big Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #8

JayCommand/BMPro issues

New 2021 EagleHT 28.5 maiden voyage to Fl for 6 weeks. Not good. Unseasonably cool needing furnace, have not tried ac yet. Kinda scared to try it. The JayCommand system will randomly shut down and turns off everything that was set, including furnace, water heater, ceiling and awning lights. I turn back on items mentioned and it will work for day, then again it happens. And having the roof blower on every time the furnace goes on in this small camper makes no sense. There needs to be away to use the furnace separately from the ac blower. Several other issues but that’s for another post. Jayco, I hope you read these Customer issues.
Thanks
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:24 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Just think about the Boeing 737 Max what's in trouble, you think other industries, e.g. RV industry are any better with their electronic technology? At the dealership we replace already electronic gadgets before they are sold, it means they also will fail when you use your RV. The question is do we have more convenience with the electronic controls that the manual controls? Doesn't camping supposed to be fun and all the activities around it.
When things don't go well - go back to basics!
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:10 PM   #10

Hi Raykay, Did you ever resolve the issue with the system? Mine is doing the same thing. Lights go off on their own and everything resets and turns off.
Dcarl569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 02:10 AM   #11

Jaycommand update

Not sure when it came out but we just upgraded our firmware and now we have fan control
PlaneLady1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcarl569 View Post
Hi Raykay, Did you ever resolve the issue with the system? Mine is doing the same thing. Lights go off on their own and everything resets and turns off.
Sounds like a firmware upgrade in the background as post upgrade it resets the system. A failed upgrade will just keep looping. One of my biggest complaints.

The other item to check, for us at least, is the 30 amp resettable fuse. If this keeps tripping it will cycle the JayCommand unit but the other items on the circuit will also stop work. Should be an easy diagnosis whether it is the fuse or just the JayCommand.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote