Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2022, 09:23 PM   #1

JAYCOMMAND Power

I seem to have a very interestingly wired trailer and wondered if anyone else’s is setup the same way.

Over the last weekend we did a longer drive and stay in a full hookup campground. When it came time to leave we found that our slide would not work. I also had noticed that the awning and water pump didnt work either. However the awning lights and main living area lights worked and the JAYCOMMAND also had power. (Lights we’re controllable via app and switches on JAYCOMMAND)

After being frustrated and needing to vacate our spot I manually retracted the slide. Which thankfully was not hard. After we drove home I later find that the problem was caused by our battery disconnect switch being turned off. Figured it happened when I put some items away in the pass through. I realize I should have checked this but didn’t because of the other items working.

Here is my question, for others who have the JAYCOMMAND system do your lights and command system stay functional/powered when your battery disconnect switch is turned off?
TomC_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:21 AM   #2

On my 2021 Jayco 27RB, there is a schematic next to the battery switch showing which circuits are on or off with the switch engaged.

If yours doesn't have such a schematic, I can post a photo of mine, but I don't know if all Jayco's use the same circuitry.

If your warranty is expired, Jayco will send you the schematics if you ask.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 07:37 AM   #3

My 274CKDS seems similar. Lights will work, but not the dimmer function. Refrig good. Not sure about furnace or water heater to tell the truth.
I have a label near my disconnect switch that implies it disconnects things you wouldn't want activated during travel, Awning, slides, AutoLevel,...
Cheers
2017 Silverado 1500 DC 5.3L 4x4 LT (sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 (gas)
E4 16/1.6 hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote