Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #1

Jayfeather trailer body twisted?

I have a 2013 Jayfeather 24' TT. It has 2 doors - a bedroom door in the front and a kitchen door at the back - which is the only one we use. Since it was new, the top of the front door sticks out beyond the door frame and the door seal doesn't seal at the top. The bottom of the door fits perfectly and you can see the door edge sticking farther out of the frame as you look toward the top of the door. I took it into a Jayco service center and they even replaced the door - same result - still doesn't seal completely or fit within the door frame at the top. I suspect that there is something wrong with either the frame or the trailer body such that the body is somehow twisted. I don't know if this is something to really worry about but took it back in and told the service shop that I suspect Jayco, them, and me need to meet to discuss this. Has anyone else seen this? Any thoughts?
altalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #2

Travel trailer interior door hinges are often very weak.
They can be easily misaligned.
Sometimes the hinges can be adjusted by tweaking/bending the misaligned hinges...sometimes not!
Check to see if walls/doorways are plum on the vertical or use a carpenter's square to see if the walls are at 90 degrees to the floor and or the ceiling. This can also be done by using a carpenter's bubble level, a three footer works best and having the TT parked on a level surface helps too. Sometimes doorways and partition walls are just plain out of square from the factory.
ranchosinvacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

Thanks for the tips. Having the dealer check it out. I found it odd that they couldn't fix it the first time after replacing the door completely but clearly they can miss easy things as well.

2013 Jayco Jayfeather Ultra Lite 242
altalk is offline   Reply With Quote