Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #1

Question Jayfeather Water Heater Bypass

Hello,

I have a 2008 Jayfeather LGT and am looking for a better way to winterize it. Up to this point I have been using a small air compressor to blow out the water lines but find it very time consuming and I never feel completely comfortable that I've gotten all the water out of the lines. I would like to be able to pump in RV anti-freeze but I'm not familiar with the process of bypassing the water heater. I also do not know if this model is equipped with the bypass valve(s) or even where they are located.
Can anyone provide me with information on:
1. Determining if my Jayfeather has the bypass valve(s) installed and where to find it/them.
2. How do I use the bypass system if it is installed.

Feeling rather stupid not knowing all this but I can't help but feel there's a better way then the way I've been doing it so far!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin
kmlynch57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Kevin.
There's a good diagram on this link. You'll see it posted on the forum as reference a lot.

http://cunninghamcampers.com/parts/?p=4711

The bypass valve is usually located very close to your HW tank on the inside of your TT.

To pump in anti-freeze, there is usually a clear hose located on one side of your water pump.
Not all TT's come with the hose already installed, but many do.

My pump is located under the kitchen sink, but they can be anywhere. If you have trouble finding it, turn on the pump, open a valve and follow the noise.

Here's a decent video for pumping in the anti-freeze and accessing the bypass valves. May want to fast forward to 2:30.

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #3

You should have three valves, not sure where they are but they will be close to the water heater on the inside of the camper inside of something or under something. Mine are under the sink. All three valves are two position valves (off or ON). All three get changed in position from where they are now. All you need to remember is; if its on turn it off; if its off turn it on. In the summer go back the other way.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote