Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #11

Jayflight 26 RLS: Real life weights

Mrp - I am looking to get a 28dsbh also and live in Richmond. Where did u purchase from and how was it? Also, your yellow sticker weight was 59xx? That is several hundred over the published dry weight right? I have a 13 ram 1500 a d debating on if it can pull it in the mountains of west va. I am guessing ur ready to camp weight would be close to 7k lbs? I know how my ram pulls quads on a big trailer in the hills (just fine) but I am thinking the 28dsbh might be pushing it

Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
I have one more question. When we looked at the Jayco 26 RLS at our local dealer the salesman spontaneously said: "Oh sure you can the trailer cheaper at a place like RV direct but you won't get the Jayco warranty coverage." Is that true?
Thanks Ambrose
Jayco will still honor the warranty...the local dealer may not want to but Jayco will have them. He was trying to fill you full of BS as he is pressuring you into a sale. I would not buy from that salesman...find someone else from the same dealership or another dealership even if it is a little ways away. We have to travel about 1 hour to get to our local dealer but they are worth it.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Bigmike1461
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedAWDAstro View Post
Jayco will still honor the warranty...the local dealer may not want to but Jayco will have them. He was trying to fill you full of BS as he is pressuring you into a sale. I would not buy from that salesman...find someone else from the same dealership or another dealership even if it is a little ways away. We have to travel about 1 hour to get to our local dealer but they are worth it.
. I agree with liftedAWDAstro,if you buy from the local dealer you will get better service because it is that dealer you will be going to for service and I like to support the the local business you might pay a little bit more but in the end you will be a happy camper,my local Jayco dealer has been there over 40 years that for me goes a long way.

2012 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0 3:73
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS
Equal-i-zer 4 point sway control hitch
Long Island,NY.
Bigmike1461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmike1461 View Post
. I agree with liftedAWDAstro,if you buy from the local dealer you will get better service because it is that dealer you will be going to for service and I like to support the the local business you might pay a little bit more but in the end you will be a happy camper,my local Jayco dealer has been there over 40 years that for me goes a long way.
Thanks Bigemike- ordinarily I would be buy from a local dealer but we plan on being full timers on the road right after the purchase- we then could be anywhere in the US or Canada. That means we won't have ready access to the local dealer we purchased from. One of the reasons we are leaning towards a Jayco purchase is their well established national network of dealers where we could get warranty work if needed.
How does your F150 do pulling the 26RLS?
Thanks
Ambrose
Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #15

Jayflight 26 RLS: Real life weights

Don't be fooled into thinking that your local jayco dealer will fix a warranty problem if you didn't buy from them.

We bought our first jayco out of state. We had a tank sensor problem on our first trip. The wires were cut somehow. Anyway, our local dealer wouldn't take warranty work.

We sold that camper and bought another jayco, this time from the local place. The service has been outstanding.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Mrp - I am looking to get a 28dsbh also and live in Richmond. Where did u purchase from and how was it? Also, your yellow sticker weight was 59xx? That is several hundred over the published dry weight right? I have a 13 ram 1500 a d debating on if it can pull it in the mountains of west va. I am guessing ur ready to camp weight would be close to 7k lbs? I know how my ram pulls quads on a big trailer in the hills (just fine) but I am thinking the 28dsbh might be pushing it
PM sent.
mrp116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:15 PM   #17

I purchased a 2013 26RLS April 2013.
I am pulling it with a 2012 Ford F-150 Crew Cab with an EcoBoost.
I do not have any problems pulling this trailer loaded (9000Lbs). I did add airbags and run 60psi in them.
I live in Wyoming and do not have any problem with the mountain grades such as the Bighorns which have some 7% grades. I can actually accelerate up these grades.
Average gas mileage pulling the trailer is 9.7mpg.

Jdaniel343 is offline   Reply With Quote