Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #11

are you running this off 20 or 30 amp shore power? ac's over heat on 20amp and kick out

jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #12

Same Air condition and Furnace Issue

I am having the same issue with my 2009 Jay Flight 29 BSH, was wondering if you ever solved this issue? I have checked all my fuses and breakers, GFI and cleaned battery posts and still can't get air condition or the heater to kick on? Thinking it may be the thermostat but wanted to check with you on this posts before I make an investment. Appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

troutman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #13
BCK

I think the place to start is your t-stat. First thing to check is that it has 12VDC power. If not then there's your problem. If 12VDC is present then jumper out the furnace and see if it comes on. Either that or if plugged into shore power you can jumper out the AC fan. If either works with jumpers then t-stat is cooked.

The furnace reset will only help if it is just the furnace not working.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #14

I got out my multimeter tonight and tested by batteries they are both at 13.5 volts so good there. I then went to my thermostat and it read 0.13 dc volts by connecting ground to blue and positive to the red. What should be the voltage at the thermostat, seems pretty low for a 12 volt system? Also have checked every fuses I can find in the panel and one inline with the batteries, are there any other hidden fuses that folks know of? If i can't figure this out soon I will have to take it to the shop.
troutman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:13 AM   #15
BCK

The good news is that you found your problem. You should have the same 13.5VDC accross the red and blue.

Did you check the fuse in the thermostat? If it's good then the next thing I'd check is the connections behind the t-stat. Assuming they arent the problem then check the blue ground for continuity to the trailer frame or some other grounding point you know is good. If that's good then you know it's the 12VDC supply. I've never had reason to check it's source but if you can find it then check for voltage there to isolate the problem.

BCK is offline   Reply With Quote