Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2016, 05:02 AM   #1
fjd

Jensen stereo upgrade pics

I became very frustrated with the stock jensen radio and aoeakers in our TT. Love spending time in the TT but every time i turned the radio on i cringed at the assault on my ears. I finally decided to just do it and figure out what needed to be done as i went along. Im very pleased with the results so far. I am asking suggestions from this group as to the best way to finish the wood face.

The old jensen is held in with 4 screws in the faceplate. Then when removing you'll see a birds nest of wires. Jayco used dozens of phone wire clip connectors for the stereo install. I chose to use the same method to keep it quick and simple.

After clipping the birds nest of wires at the root i set about isolating and figuring which wires went to which of the 8 speakers in the TT including the 2 outside.

I replaced all 6 inside with polk marine 521 speakers.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB52...dio-db521.html

The stereo head unit i put in a Blaipunkt new jersey 220. I dont believe they make this particular unit anymore but there are plenty of good ones to choose from.

Just posting a few pics to start. I cut a piece of wood as the faceplate but need to finish it. I will rsise the stereo unit up on wood strips screwed in to center it.

It wasnt too bad to do it myself.
Attached Thumbnails
20160821_145301.jpg   20160821_145155.jpg   20160821_145134.jpg   20160821_145240.jpg  
fjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Can you please post more info on the head-unit ? I have also replaced the interior speakers which has improved the clarity of the sound at low levels, but I would like to upgrade the head unit as well.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:48 PM   #3
fjd

The head unit i used is
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FS...new+jersey+220

I have been very pleased with it but everyone has dofferent needs and preferences. You have a lot of choices on the market.
Good luck choosing one. I decided to keep the outdoor speakers for now and just tapped off one of the speaker channels double pole switch in to turn outside on off.
fjd is offline   Reply With Quote