Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2016, 04:20 PM   #1

Just bought our first Jayco - X213!

Greetings everyone!

We just purchased a (new to us) 2015 X213 and we are excited to start a hopefully symbiotic relationship with it. We bought it off-season and got a GREAT deal on it! We have 3 kids and feel this floor plan will work well for us. The under 25' length was important. The unit is in storage but I'm enjoying combing through numerous threads and learning a lot.

Much of the 'gear' we had in our previous pop-up will go directly in this new one, however I know we will need the following...

1. wheel chocks (X-Chocks?)
2. better sewer hose (brand, length?)
3. leveling system... always used boards but I like the Andersen system
4. shelf for outdoor grill... either it's missing or never came with one
5. weight distribution hitch

Also, I feel like I'm missing out not having a Dealership walk-through. The Owner's Manual feels fairly generic. Would anyone have a video of their walk-through or possibly some notes. I'm also assuming that the warranty is transferable?

Any recommendations? Thanks!
Sergeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergeum View Post
Greetings everyone!

We just purchased a (new to us) 2015 X213 ...................................

Also, I feel like I'm missing out not having a Dealership walk-through. The Owner's Manual feels fairly generic. Would anyone have a video of their walk-through or possibly some notes. I'm also assuming that the warranty is transferable?

Congratulations. There is a sticky around here with the PDI file that will help you with all the things that should be checked.

May also want to think about a tire pressure monitoring system and a electrical management system\surge protector.

Post pictures please. We like pictures. A video walk through is even better.

Good luck. This site is a great resource.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #3

Welcome

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:33 PM   #4

Congratulations and welcome!

As far as sewer hose, I have the Rhino Flex and have been happy with it. Rhino Flex kits are available at Walmart. The Anderson levelers look like a great product, that I thought about, but they are pricey. I've used the Lynx blocks for the past couple of years and been happy with them. They're also a lot lighter than boards.

My recommendation for WDH is either Equal-I-zer or Reese Dual Cam. We had the Reese and were very happy with it.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:10 AM   #5

Yes.. There is some good PDI (pre-delivery-inspection) info here if you search.
There are also some videos on youtube regarding inspections.

I believe the 2 year warranty is exclusive to the original owner and is NOT transferable. Although maybe the rules/laws are different in Canada.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #6

Welcome to the JOF!!! 8)
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

I think the JOF Gremlins ate my earlier response....

Welcome to the JOF.

Quote:
Greetings everyone!

We just purchased a (new to us) 2015 X213 and we are excited to start a hopefully symbiotic relationship with it. We bought it off-season and got a GREAT deal on it! We have 3 kids and feel this floor plan will work well for us. The under 25' length was important. The unit is in storage but I'm enjoying combing through numerous threads and learning a lot.

Much of the 'gear' we had in our previous pop-up will go directly in this new one, however I know we will need the following...
We use...
1. wheel chocks (X-Chocks?) Camco brand x-chocks
2. better sewer hose (brand, length?) Camco Rhino both 15' and 10' and the clear 45deg elbow
3. leveling system... always used boards but I like the Andersen system Camco blocks
4. shelf for outdoor grill... either it's missing or never came with one got nothin'
5. weight distribution hitch Equalizer brand

Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:46 AM   #8

Thanks everyone! I sure hope the warranty is transferable. The fact that there was remainder of warranty offered some piece of mind buying off-season. It was -30 when we looked at it so I wasn't able to test much. The deal was too good to pass up.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:25 AM   #9

My understanding is the warranty is first owner only.
What will you be towing with?
And, congrats on your new TT!
Hurry up, spring.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #10

Welcome and congrats on the new rig!!!

Concerning x-chocks, you should still use regular wheel chocks to secure the trailer from moving. Set the regular chocks after leveling side to side, unhitch the tv (tow vehicle), level the trailer front to rear, then set the x-chocks after setting the scissor jacks. The x-chocks will help take the wiggle out once set up. You may need to firm the x-chocks up after the tires cool down.

I carry 2x10/12's for leveling under the tires for side to side. Place a 2x8 (or 10- can't recall) with a 4x6 on top under the scissor jacks.

Bought a sewer hose kit from Walmart. Not the rhino, but still a medium duty one with an elbow and "doughnut". Some hoses will not fit in the bumper storage, so members mount a 5" vinyl fence post sleeve somewhere on/under the trailer for the sewer hose storage. Check my signature mods link for ours. I keep hot dog forks in the bumper on one side, fire poker and tongs on the other.

No idea about a grill "shelf". Look into an aluminum roll top table. Couple different sizes available, store just like a bag chair, nice and compact!!! We have 2 ourselves. Sometimes only use one, but great to have!!!

As mentioned, Equal-I-Zer 4 way system or the Reese Dual Cam or Reese SC system. All three are excellent models. The Reese hitch head (same for both models) does offer a little more fine tuning of the angle adjustment over the Equal-I-Zer system, but can't go wrong with either!!! Just make sure to get the correct rated wd bars for your loaded trailer. The Dual Cam is a little more finicky to set up, or if the tw (tongue weight) changes a lot: If the fresh tank is up front- full vs empty may need to adjust the cam seating.

Make sure you have a good brake controller as well. An inertia based model like a Prodigy is a good choice if you don't have a factory controller.

Also consider extra water hoses (various lengths), water pressure regulator, a 30amp extension cord(s), etc. I have a brass 90* elbow at the trailer to eliminate strain in the hose. Also- watch where the furnace exhaust is!!! Our new trailer it is right by the fresh water inlet, and never considered to make sure the Jose was clear of the exhaust!!!! Have a burn mark now on a hose, but still works!!! Old trailers furnace exhaust was no where near the hose inlet on either one.

Have fun!!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #11

Welcome!
We also have the X213 and love it.
I'm not sure what you mean about a shelf for the outdoor grill. If its the grill that comes with the trailer there should be a mounting bracket on the pass side of the trailer towards the rear where the grill mounts. Underneath at that point there should also be a quick-connect for the propane.
I use an Equalizer 1000/10000 WDH. It does a great job.
I bought a 20' & 15' Rhino sewer hose. I generally only need the 20' hose but its nice to have the 15' just in case.
Same with fresh water. I have two 25' fresh water hoses but rarely ever need more than one.
If you get the Anderson leveler let me know how you like it. I been close to buying one but have read an equal number of reviews that like it or hate it. For now I'm using a few 2x6's.
Two tips if you don't mind.
1. Do not use the electric tongue jack, power awning or rear slide when not hooked up to your TV or shore power or you will blow fuses.
2. Be sure to pack a broom or small leaf blower for cleaning off the top of the rear slide before closing it. (A small ladder is very useful too. I've gotten away with moving the picnic table closer to the camper in a pinch).
micron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #12

For a walk through on your TT check below YouTube:

And there are others videos there also.

WalMart had a decent sewer hose that we've been using for past 2 seasons that included the 90 degree attachment that goes into ground drain hole. Seeing there are so many WalMarts around it's a good place for 'some' of those necessary items.
Amazon has many products that are same product as "higher" priced RV places, find something one place then check same product price on Amazon, you might be amazed..
I've never had issues opening awning w/o shore or TV power, but mine only opens via battery power.

Larry J
2015 SLX 264BHW
2007 Ram 1500, Equalizer 1000, brake control, Coil over rear shocks. Garmin GPS
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #13

Good stuff guys! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #14

Can anyone confirm the ball size on the 2015 X213. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #15

Welcome!

Regarding levelers, scrap lumber is free. I have always used boards.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #16

Regarding the shelf, if you are looking for a burner shelf like most Jayco pups have, no such beast seems to exist elsewhere in the world. The bracket and propane outlet on the side of the TT are only for the RVQ. Now the Q should have a steel bracket that mounts to the rail, and they are available. Found a link here on JOF for the RVQ bracket, can be purchased directly from the mfg. Will edit and add link if I can find it again.
I really miss the outdoor stove we had on our 1007, and was bummed when I came to the realization that I can't apparently get one. But being a glass half-full guy I realized that the stove itself was pretty crappy. So I bought a really well rated Coleman Gladiator instead. I am still trying to figure out how I will attach a shelf to the fitting on the side of our TT to hold it, but I know I will figure out a solution.
ETA: see post #22 in this thread, although there are some other inventive solutions peppered throughout http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...er-8344-3.html
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Welcome!

Regarding levelers, scrap lumber is free. I have always used boards.
Yeah... I'm starting to think that too. Do you cut your planks long enough for both wheels on the same side?
Old 01-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Yeah... I'm starting to think that too. Do you cut your planks long enough for both wheels on the same side?
That's what I do. I also cut one short enough for only one tire to sit on. The trailer will only raise 1/2 the board thickness if placed under one tire. Little more "fine tuning" that way.

I cut an angle (as much as the mitre saw will allow) on the end of the board to make it easier on the tire.

Just make sure the board is wide enough from the whole tire. Don't want to stress the tire in anyway by having it hang over the edge of the board.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
That's what I do. I also cut one short enough for only one tire to sit on. The trailer will only raise 1/2 the board thickness if placed under one tire. Little more "fine tuning" that way.

I cut an angle (as much as the mitre saw will allow) on the end of the board to make it easier on the tire.

Just make sure the board is wide enough from the whole tire. Don't want to stress the tire in anyway by having it hang over the edge of the board.
That's awesome! I never even thought of just raising one wheel to get 1/2 the height of a board. This is why I love these discussions.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:53 PM   #20

My tow ball for the x213 is a 2.
micron is offline   Reply With Quote