Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #11

Mine is in the shop for a gap in the bedroom wardrobe slide as well as other things the dealer messed up before. When the slide is all the way it drops into place ans clicks as it is all the way out but you can run your fingers along the inside top and half way down each side of the slide. Also the end trim pieces are falling apart, the stain is peeling off. Hope they get yours fixed, Mine has been in the shop about 2 weeks, haven't heard a word fron them yet. It's a 2012 29RLDS, I have had it about 1 1/2 years.

And this is door they replaced because it was warped. Looks like they bent the hinges as they were putting it on.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #12

Took the trailer back to dealer this past saturday and they are going to try to adjust the rear slide again . This time from what they said they are going to almost remove the slide and start over with adjustments. Hope they get it corrected. We used it the weekend after thanksgiving and had to stuff towels in the voids around the slide inside the trailer so it would not be drafty. Also the kitchen sink faucet hold down nut broke on this trip and the dealer is going to correct that also and hopefully that will take care of the repairs for a while. These 3 hr dealer trips are not what I plan to do all the time.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
Mine is in the shop for a gap in the bedroom wardrobe slide as well as other things the dealer messed up before. When the slide is all the way it drops into place ans clicks as it is all the way out but you can run your fingers along the inside top and half way down each side of the slide. Also the end trim pieces are falling apart, the stain is peeling off. Hope they get yours fixed, Mine has been in the shop about 2 weeks, haven't heard a word fron them yet. It's a 2012 29RLDS, I have had it about 1 1/2 years.

And this is door they replaced because it was warped. Looks like they bent the hinges as they were putting it on.
Got a call from the dealer 2 weeks ago, they said they had the slide adjusted, THE BEST THEY COULD, what ever that means, and had to put the trim pieces on, which they said Jayco changed them and sent them a PDF file on how to install them??? They glue on the sides, how hard can that be??
So 2 weeks later and they still don't have 4 trim pieces glued on, this is warranty item, I hope they are not charging Jayco by the hour!!!
My problem is this dealer has 3 dealer ships with in 50 miles from my house and I have no where else to take it.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #14

Warranty is paid by the manufacture as a flat rate, they cover the COST of the part and pay less than hourly shop rate for the labor
1985 21' Hi-Lo (Sold)
93 Yamaha G9A

Dirtfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #15

I spoke with my dealer Monday and they are trying to finish the adjustments this week if that does not work they said it will have to be sent back to the factory.Hope they get it adjusted cause I dont really want it leaving several states away with all of our belongings.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #16

Wow, sorry for all the issues you guys are having.

We had a slide alignment issue, took our Pinnacle to a Jayco dealer in Southern Alabama (Not our selling dealer), they took care of the issue with a adjustment, no issues since.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #17

Just got the trailer back today after another 4 week stay at the dealer. They have adjusted the slide all they can and its still not sealing flush in the same spot on the outside which is the upper left corner. It is a little better but not flush like the other corners. And now they have added bubble tape to the inside so it will seal when in the extended position because its still not sealing all the way when extended. They noted in the repair order that the room is not square. So we are not exactly happy but not sure what else to do or if another dealer could do any better. My dealer made the comment on the phone the other day that it might have to go back to the factory but I really dont want to go through that and there was no mention of that today. We still have 9 months of warranty left from Jayco. I asked out of curiousity what my trailer was worth on trade and the trade in value they quoted was 1/2 of what the msrp was. When I contacted Jayco a month ago they said this was one of there best repairing dealers so there will not be any help from them.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
Site Team

Sorry to hear they could not fix it. It sounds like the only recourse might be for it to go back to the factory if they authorize that, its very hard to compensate for out of square with adjustments. Are they giving you the lowball trade value because of the slide room issue?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Sorry to hear they could not fix it. It sounds like the only recourse might be for it to go back to the factory if they authorize that, its very hard to compensate for out of square with adjustments. Are they giving you the lowball trade value because of the slide room issue?

No. I just asked for a trade price in case the problem is not resolved . The sales dept is not aware of the slide problem. Just not sure what to do. Definitely don't want dealers or the factory to make a big mess of this trailer and then we will be stuck with it. After owning non slide trailers for 27 yrs and making the move to get one with slides has been disappointing .
Old 12-29-2013, 07:12 AM   #20
Site Team

I wonder if a slide lock would work to pull that corner in tight when the slide is retracted?

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote