Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #41

We have both and use the legos when the trailer is only out a little. The Andersen work great especially when it is more than an inch out of level. Like was said State Parks and Country Parks.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #42

Just a heads up for the Few owners that have the smaller wheel base,you can trim off enough where they will fit between the wheels and will not effect the warranty,

For the person that wants to cut wood,I did that and made some good ones,how ever after trying to level on wet asphalt/ concrete and getting my clothes soaked from going under the RV to place a jack to lift up the wheels to slide the wood under,
NO Thanks, to old to do a RV safari.... These thinks work great and if there is someone here they dont work for than call the company.. Have a wonderful weekend ..
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #43

We did not need the tape Post # 39
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommieMara View Post
Anyone have a Jay flight 28bhbe with these? Getting ready to order and want to make sure my wheels are spaced far enough apart for them. So people recommend grip tape on the bottom?
I have a 28 BHBE, and they work great. Side to side leveling done in no time, and the jack takes care of front to back. I did not need to add tape to them, but you could if you want.
NY RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #45

Here we go, I did trim alot off and they still did not fit well on my trailer. I was not comfortable with how tight they were. I was not concernd about backing on them or driving on them, but I was concerned about what would happen when I was coming off of them.....just not enough room for my comfort.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #46

Yes I have them, used them this week camping and they worked just fine. Very happy with the ease of use. I did add a rope to the small chocks so they could be removed more easily.
RKHengst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:48 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabat View Post
I have a Jayco 23J, bought a set and they dont fit between the wheels. make sure you don't have close axles like the 23J
The Anderson rep said you can cut a length off the thin end of the leveler if they won't fit between the axles. The max recommended is up to between 1st and 2nd hole on the side of the leveler.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
2023 F350 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7l 3.31
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73 (sold)
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)
t2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:28 PM   #48

Is there any reason you couldn't use the Anderson Rapid Jack as a leveler? It costs a bit more & you still need to buy the chock ( $6 ). However, you'd then have the ability to change a flat tire if necessary. The levelers probably wouldn't give enough lift to change a tire.

Tuckerdog1
You live and learn, or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:50 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post
Is there any reason you couldn't use the Anderson Rapid Jack as a leveler? It costs a bit more & you still need to buy the chock ( $6 ). However, you'd then have the ability to change a flat tire if necessary. The levelers probably wouldn't give enough lift to change a tire.

Tuckerdog1
I just got my Anderson levelers and haven't use them yet (next week) but I was going to try the opposite and use the levelers to jack. I thought I could use the Lego's under if I need more height.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:59 PM   #50

Quote:
I thought I could use the Lego's under if I need more height.
Seems like a good idea. Would keep cost down a bit as well.

Tuckerdog1
You live and learn, or you don't live long.
If you don't punish your children, life will.
tuckerdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:58 PM   #51

We have a jumbo level mounted on the front of the trailer, and I can see it through the rear view mirror. I just back into the site, put the Andersens in front of the wheels, and pull forward until the level in the rear view mirror says it's level. Stop, chock, unhitch, and done. I can do it on the first try every time without anyone helping.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog1 View Post

Tuckerdog1

I don't think the Anderson rapid jack will fit in between the two tires will it? it seem to me it would put all the weight on one axle, which is ok for short duration like changing a tire, not sure about the longer term side of it though. I use two sets of the levelers one on each tire. They work well on hard ground. Not so great on softer ground though.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #53
Lost in the Woods

I agree the jack, gives more lift and is intended for lifting one tire, and I think you would still need the chock wedges if unhitching and using the Anderson Jack. Have been using the Anderson levelers for 2nd year and still very impressed. Problem of slipping on asphalt or cement should be rare as they are usually level. Got the kit and it has a rubber pad cut to width for slippery surface. A cut open tire tube would work as well as long as it wasn't too clean to provide friction.

Using Board without Anderson Levellers - Back trailer in to desired position. Back up further 6 feet, dig boards out from under stuff in box of truck, place board under wheels making sure parallel to wheels to ensure both wheels on board, pull ahead 6 feet onto boards check level, back up six feet add another board 6 ft board, pull ahead six feet, check level, pull forward, dig ditch on other side because 2 - 2X8's only give you 3 inches of lift, back up, pull forward and add leveling pads pull forward only leveling pads and chock tire when close enough because you don't feel like backing up again to add another half inch of lift. Level back to front and then yell to wife inside camper to stop extending slide and then look around to ensure kids are not nearby and cuss 3 times and prepare to do it all again because final position of leveled trailer will not allow slide or awning to extend fully. Doing is 2nd time will take longer because patience of all involved has grown shorter and you are hot and sweaty from jumping out of the truck and because somebody (you decide the somebody is on your team) should have noticed that the slide would not be able to extend there and it is now dark.

With Anderson Levellers - Back trailer to desire position where slide will open fully. place levelers in front of tires pull ahead 4 to 6 inches until precisely level side to side. place chock wedges and large rubber chock on other wheel. Adjust front electric jack to level back to front while having a cold beverage while neighbors are still going backwards and forwards leveling on boards and yelling at each other.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 AM   #54

Lol

Amen to that. I love em. I contact cemented rubber to the back side to stop the slipping. Helped a lot
Old 08-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #55

lol...

Perhaps it's because I'm a math guy...but I park where I want it. See how much lift I need, put the lynx blocks together beside the tires. Pull forward, wife pushes the blocks in and I back up. Done.
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
2006 Honda Ridgeline (retired TV)
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:53 PM   #56

These are the best and most simple leveling devices other than wood stacks. Several people have ordered them after watching my wife and I level our 24 FBS.
FashaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
I agree the jack, gives more lift and is intended for lifting one tire, and I think you would still need the chock wedges if unhitching and using the Anderson Jack. Have been using the Anderson levelers for 2nd year and still very impressed. Problem of slipping on asphalt or cement should be rare as they are usually level. Got the kit and it has a rubber pad cut to width for slippery surface. A cut open tire tube would work as well as long as it wasn't too clean to provide friction.

Using Board without Anderson Levellers - Back trailer in to desired position. Back up further 6 feet, dig boards out from under stuff in box of truck, place board under wheels making sure parallel to wheels to ensure both wheels on board, pull ahead 6 feet onto boards check level, back up six feet add another board 6 ft board, pull ahead six feet, check level, pull forward, dig ditch on other side because 2 - 2X8's only give you 3 inches of lift, back up, pull forward and add leveling pads pull forward only leveling pads and chock tire when close enough because you don't feel like backing up again to add another half inch of lift. Level back to front and then yell to wife inside camper to stop extending slide and then look around to ensure kids are not nearby and cuss 3 times and prepare to do it all again because final position of leveled trailer will not allow slide or awning to extend fully. Doing is 2nd time will take longer because patience of all involved has grown shorter and you are hot and sweaty from jumping out of the truck and because somebody (you decide the somebody is on your team) should have noticed that the slide would not be able to extend there and it is now dark.

With Anderson Levellers - Back trailer to desire position where slide will open fully. place levelers in front of tires pull ahead 4 to 6 inches until precisely level side to side. place chock wedges and large rubber chock on other wheel. Adjust front electric jack to level back to front while having a cold beverage while neighbors are still going backwards and forwards leveling on boards and yelling at each other.
You watched my last trip .........
Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #58

Be absolutely sure and chock the back of the Andersons or the trailer will roll right back off them. They work well. I've just used them for leveling, not tire changing.
2 x Golden Retrievers
dangerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #59

OK people, you win. I've been following this thread for days and finally broke down placed an order for 2. I'm holding each and every one of you responsible if they're not as wonderful as everyone says they are. Of course, if they really wind up being great, rest assured I will take full credit for myself. You didn't think it would play out any other way now, did ya?
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
OK people, you win. I've been following this thread for days and finally broke down placed an order for 2. I'm holding each and every one of you responsible if they're not as wonderful as everyone says they are. Of course, if they really wind up being great, rest assured I will take full credit for myself. You didn't think it would play out any other way now, did ya?
Mine are in the bay waiting to get tried end of the week. If I don't like em I'll make ya a deal.