Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #31

I may give them a call, especially if I ever run into this again. Our problem happened on dry concrete and only with one wheel, but as I mentioned above, the Lynx blocks had the same problem, and only with that same wheel.

mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #32

We got an Anderson kit which has 2 levelers, a larger wedge for changing tires (it is slightly larger and you pull the good tire up onto it so the flat tire can be removed) as well as 4 jack pad which all fit in the same storage bag. Used them last summer and was very impressed with them. Only problem we had was one campground had very sandy sites and the levelers sank into the ground when we bulled the trailer up onto them. Fortunately we still had 2X8 boards which we set the levelers on with the supplied thin piece of rubber between the leveler and plank and the board distributed the weight enough to no sink into the sand. Best thing about them is that they work well in tight spots because you only have to backup or pull forward a maximum of 12" to get up to 3 1/2" of lift. With planks or lynx levelers you will have to move the trailer another 3 to 6 feet to get up on the leveling blocks. If using them on a hard or slippery surface, you might need something to create some friction to stop them from sliding.

2010 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 Maxtow, Coverking Seat Covers, Putco LED interiors, Kenwood DNX571TR GPS, Kicker Powerstage, Weathertech Floor Mats and Window Vents, Line-X, Firestone Airbags, Michelin LTX-MS2, LivewireTS 5 Star tuned, Propride 3P
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #33

I love em. But had the same issue with them sliding. I put grip tape on the back side of them and now they donslip a bit. Easy fix
Old 02-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #34

Just Used them !!!

OK so yesterday eve,we tried out the new Anderson levelers WOW, worked perfect, first time they didn't slip at all not even on the slick concrete also when you use these,be sure to disconnect the brake we did this and had no problems at all i drove the truck my watched the levelers and when level, slide the block under the ramp part, took all of 4 Minutes to level !!
Attached Thumbnails
20150213_180537.jpg  
2017 Eagle 330RSTS
2014 Ram 3500

herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #35

After reading this thread, I'm going to have to get a set of these! Anyone want to buy some plastic waffle pads???? About 15 or so???
krgbcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 05:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
We got an Anderson kit which has 2 levelers, a larger wedge for changing tires (it is slightly larger and you pull the good tire up onto it so the flat tire can be removed) as well as 4 jack pad which all fit in the same storage bag. Used them last summer and was very impressed with them. Only problem we had was one campground had very sandy sites and the levelers sank into the ground when we bulled the trailer up onto them. Fortunately we still had 2X8 boards which we set the levelers on with the supplied thin piece of rubber between the leveler and plank and the board distributed the weight enough to no sink into the sand. Best thing about them is that they work well in tight spots because you only have to backup or pull forward a maximum of 12" to get up to 3 1/2" of lift. With planks or lynx levelers you will have to move the trailer another 3 to 6 feet to get up on the leveling blocks. If using them on a hard or slippery surface, you might need something to create some friction to stop them from sliding.
Ordered this set today! Thanks for sharing info about such a neat product.

2008 Ford F250 Lariet 4WD 6.4 Diesel
2015 Jay Flight 34 RSBS
2014 Keystone Hideout -traded
krgbcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:10 AM   #37

Your welcome, they work very well, we went to Livingston state park last week ,when we got there it was dark,so with the new anderson levelers we have a lot less time running to check,just place them under the wheels.( Disconnected the brake so the wheels wont slide the chocks) pull foward check your level,slide the wedge under the leverler DONE about 5 minutes..
2017 Eagle 330RSTS
2014 Ram 3500

herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:10 AM   #38

I have a Jayco 23J, bought a set and they dont fit between the wheels. make sure you dont have close axels like the 23J
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:16 AM   #39

Anyone have a Jay flight 28bhbe with these? Getting ready to order and want to make sure my wheels are spaced far enough apart for them. So people recommend grip tape on the bottom?
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #40

I just use a couple of 2x6's that I cut to the length of the 2 axles and back the trailer up on these to level if needed.

'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377RLBH (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is online now   Reply With Quote