Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #21

Hitch Pin,

Here is what I did - remember, I have used only once.

I put the trailer pretty much where I wanted it to be when set up; I then backed up around another foot.

My son set a four foot level on the A-frame rails. He set the pointy end of a ramp in front of each wheel on the low side of the trailer. He then walked back to the front of the trailer to look at the level.

I crept forward until my son gave me the sign that the bubble in the level was set.

I set the emergency brake, we double-checked the level on the floor of the trailer, set the chock parts of the levelers under the wheels, and then set the X-chocks between the wheels (we use the x-chocks between the trailer tires to chock and prevent trailer movement).

That set the side-to-side level - took less than five minutes.

Turned off trucks, un-hooked, pulled truck off, and then set front-to-back level.

Took around fifteen-twenty minutes to place trailer, unhook, set level. Easiest I have ever set side-to-side level (I am not all that experienced).

I intend to always use the ramp part and the chock part; maybe experience will teach different.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:14 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL5000 View Post
Hitch Pin,

Here is what I did - remember, I have used only once.

I put the trailer pretty much where I wanted it to be when set up; I then backed up around another foot.

My son set a four foot level on the A-frame rails. He set the pointy end of a ramp in front of each wheel on the low side of the trailer. He then walked back to the front of the trailer to look at the level.

I crept forward until my son gave me the sign that the bubble in the level was set.

I set the emergency brake, we double-checked the level on the floor of the trailer, set the chock parts of the levelers under the wheels, and then set the X-chocks between the wheels (we use the x-chocks between the trailer tires to chock and prevent trailer movement).

That set the side-to-side level - took less than five minutes.

Turned off trucks, un-hooked, pulled truck off, and then set front-to-back level.

Took around fifteen-twenty minutes to place trailer, unhook, set level. Easiest I have ever set side-to-side level (I am not all that experienced).

I intend to always use the ramp part and the chock part; maybe experience will teach different.
I don't know how much it matters, I noticed you said that you put the X-chocks between the wheels before you level front to back. The papers that came with mine said, Do Not install the X-chocks before leveling trailer front to back. I could see where this could make a difference if the front to back was out very much.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #23

Oh these look cool. We just placed our order for a new Jayflight 28BHBE and I was wondering about leveling side to side. We are moving up from a PUP and have a BAL leveler for that which has been awesome but its for single axle trailers. Before we got the BAL I hated trying to level with the blocks and boards. I was dreading going back to that. Wondering if this is the answer for us I was bummed there wasn't some type of two axle BAL option
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:49 PM   #24

Saw similar item on Amazon except they are used for changing tire. You just back onto or forward so you can change tire. Seems if you had 2 you could use to level
2005 F150 Platinum/Roush Package

WHERE EVER YOU GO....THERE YOU ARE
dennis b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #25

I just bought a couple off of Amazon and they work great! It's definitely a good investment...
Sawdust&Woodchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #26

Thumbs up

We took our trailer out again this weekend and used the levelers again and had no problems this time. I think part of the problem before was because we were backing the truck up at about a 40 degree angle to the trailer so it was causing some twisting of the tires as they rode up on the levelers.
Attached Thumbnails
Anderson Levelers.jpg  
mitchmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #27

You have remember to keep your foot off the brake or unplug, helps.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustabslim View Post
You have remember to keep your foot off the brake or unplug, helps.
Actually that did not seem to make any difference -- after you mentioned it before I went out and tried unplugging but still had problems with the leveler shooting out from under the rear wheel. Pulling forward onto them rather than backing up didn't make any difference either -- again this was with the truck at nearly a 40 degree angle to the trailer.

I put some industrial grade friction tape on the bottoms that held things in place, but you could see the twisting effect in the wrinkling of the tape.

We had the trailer at an angle to the truck the first time so we could park the truck next to it after unhooking.

This time we decided to forgo parking right next to it and back the trailer and truck in a straight line into the site. That seems to make the big difference -- we stayed plugged in this time and my wife had me back up and pull forward an inch at a time to get things exactly level and I was braking normally, actually had raised the gain on the brake controller from 3.5 to 4.

So in my experience, make sure you have your trailer and truck in a straight line and these things work perfectly!

Best Regards,

Mitch
Old 02-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #29

awesome, glad you got it figured out.
Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #30

I talked to a rep from Anderson at the RV show this weekend and asked him about this topic. He said it is rare for the levelers to shoot out. Mostly happens on wet grass. However he said if you are having issues to contact Anderson and they will ship you a rubber sheet to go under the leveler. I bought 2 for my trailer and also the jack which gives 6" of lift. It also comes with the sheet of rubber. Not sure it will work with my wide stance axles but will put it on a 2x8 with the rubber pad underneath to get some extra lift. We will how it all works in the spring.

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
2023 F350 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7l 3.31
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73 (sold)
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)
t2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #31

I may give them a call, especially if I ever run into this again. Our problem happened on dry concrete and only with one wheel, but as I mentioned above, the Lynx blocks had the same problem, and only with that same wheel.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #32
Lost in the Woods

We got an Anderson kit which has 2 levelers, a larger wedge for changing tires (it is slightly larger and you pull the good tire up onto it so the flat tire can be removed) as well as 4 jack pad which all fit in the same storage bag. Used them last summer and was very impressed with them. Only problem we had was one campground had very sandy sites and the levelers sank into the ground when we bulled the trailer up onto them. Fortunately we still had 2X8 boards which we set the levelers on with the supplied thin piece of rubber between the leveler and plank and the board distributed the weight enough to no sink into the sand. Best thing about them is that they work well in tight spots because you only have to backup or pull forward a maximum of 12" to get up to 3 1/2" of lift. With planks or lynx levelers you will have to move the trailer another 3 to 6 feet to get up on the leveling blocks. If using them on a hard or slippery surface, you might need something to create some friction to stop them from sliding.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:08 AM   #33

I love em. But had the same issue with them sliding. I put grip tape on the back side of them and now they donslip a bit. Easy fix
Old 02-14-2015, 07:46 AM   #34

Just Used them !!!

OK so yesterday eve,we tried out the new Anderson levelers WOW, worked perfect, first time they didn't slip at all not even on the slick concrete also when you use these,be sure to disconnect the brake we did this and had no problems at all i drove the truck my watched the levelers and when level, slide the block under the ramp part, took all of 4 Minutes to level !!
Attached Thumbnails
20150213_180537.jpg  
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #35

After reading this thread, I'm going to have to get a set of these! Anyone want to buy some plastic waffle pads???? About 15 or so???
krgbcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
We got an Anderson kit which has 2 levelers, a larger wedge for changing tires (it is slightly larger and you pull the good tire up onto it so the flat tire can be removed) as well as 4 jack pad which all fit in the same storage bag. Used them last summer and was very impressed with them. Only problem we had was one campground had very sandy sites and the levelers sank into the ground when we bulled the trailer up onto them. Fortunately we still had 2X8 boards which we set the levelers on with the supplied thin piece of rubber between the leveler and plank and the board distributed the weight enough to no sink into the sand. Best thing about them is that they work well in tight spots because you only have to backup or pull forward a maximum of 12" to get up to 3 1/2" of lift. With planks or lynx levelers you will have to move the trailer another 3 to 6 feet to get up on the leveling blocks. If using them on a hard or slippery surface, you might need something to create some friction to stop them from sliding.
Ordered this set today! Thanks for sharing info about such a neat product.

2008 Ford F250 Lariet 4WD 6.4 Diesel
2015 Jay Flight 34 RSBS
2014 Keystone Hideout -traded
krgbcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:10 AM   #37

Your welcome, they work very well, we went to Livingston state park last week ,when we got there it was dark,so with the new anderson levelers we have a lot less time running to check,just place them under the wheels.( Disconnected the brake so the wheels wont slide the chocks) pull foward check your level,slide the wedge under the leverler DONE about 5 minutes..
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #38

I have a Jayco 23J, bought a set and they dont fit between the wheels. make sure you dont have close axels like the 23J
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:16 AM   #39

Anyone have a Jay flight 28bhbe with these? Getting ready to order and want to make sure my wheels are spaced far enough apart for them. So people recommend grip tape on the bottom?
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:35 AM   #40

I just use a couple of 2x6's that I cut to the length of the 2 axles and back the trailer up on these to level if needed.