Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #1

Just ordered 2016 29REKS!

We are very excited, upgrading from a 2012 Jayflight 26BH, sadly we haven't been able to see the actual unit in person, we did walk through other brands with similar layouts and other White Hawks with the same products (different layout), watched a put together from Haylett RV which walks through the unit pretty good, but I do have some questions from others that might have this layout, or similar.

Im a little concerned about the awning resting on top of the front slide when extended, the video we watched shows the awning resting right on top of the slide, will this cause the awing to eventually fail in that area from flapping?

Also, it looks like the dump valve is located up near the center of the RV, (not towards the rear which im used to) do you find your too far from the sewer when using full hook ups?

Third, I need to purchase extended X-Chocks for the wide stance axles, will these X-Chocks work on this model, I dont know what the spread is on the trailer...

Lastly, does this unit have a battery cutoff switch?
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:28 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new TT. We loved our 29REKS and only traded it because we wanted a little more space, especially in the bedroom.

To answer your specific questions:
- in two years, and ~80 nights worth of use, we didn't have any issues with the awning rubbing on the slide. To the best of my knowledge, and I didn't get up on a ladder to inspect in explicit detail, there was no wear at all

- I had no problems with the location of the dump valve. IIRC there were only two times that I couldn't dump, and both of those would have been a challenge regardless because of the location of the sewer connection

- the Extended X-Chocks do work on the wide stance axles. One of the things that's a bit disconcerting with the wide-stance axles is the noise they make when you're making a tight turn. It sounds like things are breaking back there, but we were assured the noise is perfectly normal, and in ~11k miles we never had a problem

- there is no battery cut-off switch

Enjoy the trailer and please feel free to send me a PM with any other questions you may have about the trailer
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:34 PM   #3

Awesome, thanks... Im sure I will come up with some more questions, we're not taking delivery until late April, going to be a long wait....
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #4

Great floorplan. I've been "eyeballing" that model along with the 27DSLR.

I will say Haylett RV does the best job of doing a walk-thru on video. Very detailed and the guy likes to beat on everything, especially the outside walls and cabinets.....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote