Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #1

Just received schematic for my 32TSBH

I called Jayco and asked for the schematic for my TT. I was attempting to find out the depth of my outside exterior walls. I want to hang my TV wall mount in my front bedroom and want to ensure no accidents went securing the mount to the wall. I would hate to come through the exterior siding! I am having a little difficulty reading it. I believe it says they are 1 1/2 inches thick. Here is the issue. The file (PDF) that Jayco sent me is to big to post here. Would anyone be willing to let me email them the file so they could take a look at it and see if they read it the same as me. I guess you could pm me with your email if your willing to help. Thanks all.
krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:20 AM   #2

If you have the vacuum bonded laminated construction with aluminum internal framing, the wall thickness is 1.5". Somewhere on this website I think I posted a picture of the slug that came out of my hole saw when I installed my shore power inlet on the 23B.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 AM   #3

The best way we found to mount things to the thin 1/4-inch walls is put up a large 3/4-inch or 1-inch solid board first to spread out the weight of the item you are hanging and connect your hanging adapters to this. You can paint the back board to fit your dicor.

We have used these type of metal anchors in the four corners of the wood pieces if we were unable to directly screw into to a solid small wall stud.

photos from google images

I prefer the MOLLY BOLTS over the SPRING WING TOGGLE BOLTS as the when you remove the screw in the MOLLY BOLT it will stay in place on the wall. If you remove the screw in the SPRING WING TOGGLE BOLT the n the back part will drop down behind the wall. The SPRING WING TOGGLE BOLTS with large washers behind the mounting screws would probably hold up more weight than the MOLLY BOLTS will.

By spreading out the weight using the full size board first really allows you to safely hang up something that is very heavy. The 15-20lb TV's stay in place with ease using these type mounts

If you buying the swinging pivot arms mounts try to locate one that allows you to remove the pivot part with ease so you can easily remove the TV from the wall for what-ever reason.

Another note along this line is in some model RV's the manf has already mounted thick solid walls where the TV mounts is to be installed in the bed room area. Might check that out on your schematics.
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #4

I am trying to post the schematic so someone more knowledgeable than me can read it and tell me the distance from interior to exterior wall.Click image for larger version

Name:	TT.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	4675
Old 07-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #5

I don't know about the fiberglass Travel Trailers, but the aluminum sided ones have 1.5 x 1.5 inch studs that are 16 inch on center. I second RoyBraddy's idea of the solid board to spread the weight. If you are mounting something fairly substantial, I'd add to Roy's suggestion: your board should be at least 17 inches long so that it can anchor to a stud on each side.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewey02 View Post
I don't know about the fiberglass Travel Trailers, but the aluminum sided ones have 1.5 x 1.5 inch studs that are 16 inch on center. I second RoyBraddy's idea of the solid board to spread the weight. If you are mounting something fairly substantial, I'd add to Roy's suggestion: your board should be at least 17 inches long so that it can anchor to a stud on each side.
Mine is aluminum sided. My intentions are to mount it in the front bedroom on the wall that says "mount tv here" or I am going to check to see if I can mount it in the same room, but in the area between the doors if it will fit there when the doors are snapped in place. I am trying to find the exact dimensions on the wall mount at this time. It is only going to be a 19 inch led with a weight of about 9.5 pounds. Do you still think I should do the board across 2 stud idea? The reason I am curious about the space between inside and outside walls is to figure out what size screws to use without going through!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #7

All you need are some 1" to 1.25" lag bolts. The "Mount TV Here" area is solid wood and has plenty of reinforcement to hold a 10lbs LED TV.
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #8

I mounted our 22" Vizio there with a Sanus articulating mount from Walmart and it works great.
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1342842461112.jpg  
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #9

I've got the same rig, and would like to take a look at the schematic they sent you. Will PM you my e-mail address.