Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #21

thanks everyone for the confirmation and suggestions. Looks like I'll have to go to a locksmith. Unfortunately, Bauer doesn't have an option to ship to Canada
rorielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:53 PM   #22
Lam

We also purchased a 2019 Jayco Whitehawk 26 footer in 2019. We did receive 2 sets of keys. 3 keys on each set. You might want to contact Jayco.
Lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:59 PM   #23

Didn't matter to me... changed all of the locks to be keyed alike. Gave my two sets and locks to neighbor for his RV since they fit his too.

Vendor (manufacturer) uses a 'security' system, can't get replacements on EBay, Amazon, etc. He will only sell keys to those in his customer file for that key.

It is such a secret that I don't remember the name.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #24

Jayco trailers are single keys for all locks. You usually get 2 keys. You can order keys online for a couple dollars each
nynethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
All that seems like a lot of energy pounding your fist on a table for such a small return. I'd just buy a set of keys and get on with my life.
WRONG!
Your dead wrong. They paid for two sets and should get two sets from the dealer.
Then I would change the locks, contact Jayco, and find a reputable dealer. They are not all created equal.
IMO of course.
Als1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:35 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
A note for newbys here:

RVs builders have used the same CH751 key for ALL outside storage compartments for about 40 years! Some manufacturers may have changed this but this is the industry standard. We have owned travel trailers since 1983, the first being a 1979 Nomad, and all have used the CH751.

You might consider changing these locks.

Murff

Our Jayco Eagle 322rlok 2018 uses only one key for all locks. I also went with locks for towing (3) (hitch, tow pin etc) that are keyed to my 2016 F250 ignition key. I hated carrying a large ring of keys. So one key for the house one for the truck and one for TT.
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:47 PM   #27

Keys

Our 2020 Whitehawk 27RB came with 2 sets of keys. And all the doors are keyed alike.
dlauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #28

Keys

My first bit of advice is not to buy from cw. Keys are always sold with 2 or even 3 sets. Unless of course you are not a close friend to one of their salesman. In which case you will receive 1 set due to the salesman friends need an extra set for a spare. I had a friend who knew some of the salesmen were doing all kinds of tricks to people to top some other salesman. Good luck getting them to give you a full set. Contact Jayco, and ask for Taylor Traphagen in customer service. She is a great helper with many of my issues with my 5th wheel.
Mikepulliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorielly View Post
thanks everyone for the confirmation and suggestions. Looks like I'll have to go to a locksmith. Unfortunately, Bauer doesn't have an option to ship to Canada
Widely available on Amazon.ca..........I bought a 5 pack of Bauer #719 RV keys for $22.00 cdn, all in delivered to my door!
freetime58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Als1 View Post
WRONG!
Your dead wrong. They paid for two sets and should get two sets from the dealer.
Then I would change the locks, contact Jayco, and find a reputable dealer. They are not all created equal.
IMO of course.
Really? You pay tens of thousands of dollars for these things and they spend the first season in the shop. And we are worried about a $3 set of keys?
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynethead View Post
Jayco trailers are single keys for all locks. You usually get 2 keys. You can order keys online for a couple dollars each
My 2012 White Hawk has three seperate keys. I got two of each from the dealer. One is for the compartments, one for the front door and one is for the rear door. They are three distinct keys.

2012 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH
2004 Chevy 1500 4X4 Z71
Equalizer
mdkoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:32 PM   #32

I had good luck at an Ace store duplicating my RV keys.
Tried everyone else but no one else had the the right starter key.
Weatherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up our new unit in June that the storage compartments were keyed with the same key as the main cabin door--a Bauer lock. The only 751 key I have is the outside shower.

I did receive two sets of keys.
X2.... Same with our 2019 24RBS
57gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #34

We have always got 2 sets. I have a question - our Jayco only has 2 keys - 1 fits the door, all the cubbys & the outdoor kitchen. The second is a dead bolt key for the door. I also agree with the thread - most of the locks are the same - so I plan on changing all my locks in the future when we actually start camping more than once a year...
ballardpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavie View Post
Go to a reputable locksmith, not a big box store, and have 2 sets made. That way you will have one. Your wife will have one and you can hide a set outside the rig. Then go drink a beer and don't worry about it.

I had them made in a one horse town in Western MA.
Few years back I worked at Lowe’s in the hardware Dept. and we could never do RV Keys. Never had the blanks and turned a lot of people away, hearing that it’s the same at the big orange box. They all got their supplies and machines from Hillman. Lowe’s has a new vendor with their new laser cutters so maybe now?????
Angus
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
A note for newbys here:

RVs builders have used the same CH751 key for ALL outside storage compartments for about 40 years! Some manufacturers may have changed this but this is the industry standard. We have owned travel trailers since 1983, the first being a 1979 Nomad, and all have used the CH751.

You might consider changing these locks.

Murff
Changed my storage locks to barrel locks, like you see on pop machines, ordered a new main door lock set, came with 2 sets of keys, ordered an extra set
cfarrar is offline   Reply With Quote