Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
Site Team

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Ben! Congrats on the new Jayco! Man, do you really have to wait til Summer to take your maiden voyage? Where do you plan to go?

-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Ben! Congrats on the new Jayco! Man, do you really have to wait til Summer to take your maiden voyage? Where do you plan to go?
Thanks healthi! Your right...why am I gonna wait til Summer?! I'll be taking it on it's maiden voyage as soon as I get a TV for it and when it stops raining

This is my first trailer of this size (33.5 feet total), so I will probably go to a KOA campground close by (Santa Cruz or Yosemite) just to try her out.

benjamin247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
Our Eagle came with a foldable stovetop cover but I didn't like using it as an extension of the countertop so I built my own using 3/8" plywood and stained it.

Click photo to see larger image.
I really like the look and the concept, but I hve a question. What do you do with it when you want to use the stove? One of the nice things about the store bought metal ones is that they fold back and become a backsplash. Again, I really like it (enough that I may build one myself) but is storage an issue?

:cool: 2013 F150 STX Super Cab With Factory Tow Package, Inegrated Trailer Brake Control, 5.0 Liter with 3.55 Gears and Posi Traction :cool:
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #14

Benjamin247,
We just picked up our new Jay Flight in Nov. The non G2 version of the Jay Flights do not come with either the sink covers or stove top covers. Depending on what kind of sink cover you would like, after market camco sink cover or are you looking for ones that match the sink and fit in the groove of your sink. If you are looking for the ones that match your sink I can PM you all the information to order them direct from the company. I just ordered and received mine last week so they still have the part number sticker on them. Our next step will be to order the bifold stove cover. I need to do some more research for them. Hope this helps.

Mary Anne
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain2000 View Post
I really like the look and the concept, but I hve a question. What do you do with it when you want to use the stove? One of the nice things about the store bought metal ones is that they fold back and become a backsplash. Again, I really like it (enough that I may build one myself) but is storage an issue?
When we don't use it I stow it on the bed, not a big issue. We do have the bifold cover too that we use as a splashguard when cooking inside, but it's too flimsy to put a cutting board on to chop things, stuff slides around too easily. The wood topper is much sturdier. Plus I don't want to scratch the bifold cover.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #16

You should be able to get sink covers at the dealer.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote