Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2019, 09:58 PM   #1

Leaking fresh water

I have a 184BS and when i came back after a couple days my tank had leaked out completely near the black/gray water drain. Water pump was on. Any thoughts on what’s going on?
Tbrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:00 PM   #2

Drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbrek View Post
I have a 184BS and when i came back after a couple days my tank had leaked out completely near the black/gray water drain. Water pump was on. Any thoughts on what’s going on?

You aren't specific in where the 'leak' appears to be. Is it a low point drain valve? Is it running out of the floor? What gives? My first guess is low point drain valve 'dripping'. Help us out here.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:56 AM   #3

It appears to be at the black pipe near the drain valves but I need to fill up and identify it. It was all drained out when I looked at it the other day. It’s a brand new trailer.
Tbrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:07 AM   #4

Pipes

Quote:
It appears to be at the black pipe near the drain valves but I need to fill up and identify it. It was all drained out when I looked at it the other day. It’s a brand new trailer.

Is it an open ended pipe? Is it leaking down the run of the pipe? Not being familiar with your model trailer, can't be of much help without specifics. The only thing more frustrating than water is electricity. When I got my trailer and filled the tank the first time water came out of a clear hose above the right rear tire. The tank would only fill to 3/4 and it had been vented to the outside at a rear tire. Fixed my own rather than haul it 500 miles round trip back to Camping World. The fill valve has a screen in the 'vent' area and should have a hose on the back of it to 'bathe' the water hose operator when full. Pictures would help.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
First thing I would do is make sure the water pump power is turned off when you leave.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #6
Site Team

There's no connection from the fresh water tank to the black/gray water outlet. It may be dripping on it, and following the pipe to where you can see it. Take a look at the low point drain valves, and make sure they're both completely closed. It may appear they're shut, but should "click" when you push them down. Assuming you have that type of valves.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote