Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #1

Leaking slide seal or running along bottom of slide

I have a 2016 Jayco 28dbhs that has a persistent problem that I can't get a finger on. I leave it on a seasonal site. Jayco has been little help (take it to a dealer.... we can't give you any advice beyond sending pdf's. During hard rains water seems to gets to the sponge like piece at the bottom on one side. It soaks up the water and it wicks into the trailer and mdf trim which is now swollen and needs to be replaced. The seals look good and are sitting correctly. Not sure if water is getting past the first black seal. The other option it is travelling along the bottom/edge of the slide (trailer is level) to the sponge.

It isn't terrible but any water penetration is bad news. I have tried duct tape ridges that would act like a drip edge. Other end has no issues but noticed last time the sponge had also collected a bit of water. Not sure why they put a sponge as a seal at the bottom of a rubber seal...... almost guarantees any water that hits it collects and gets into the inside IMO. Any thoughts deeply appreciated.
lagerman is offline   Reply With Quote