Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2018, 04:29 PM   #1

Leaky shower

Finally got a chance to take out our "new to us" 2017 Jayflight 28 BHBE for an overnight shake down trip. We are headed out in a month for a 3 week drip and I wanted to adjust the WDH and see how things went.

We discovered if you use the shower a significant amount of water leaks out under the shower door onto the bathroom floor creating a large puddle. I am not sure if it is from the shower floor or water that ran down the inside of the shower door onto the door track and then leaked out.

Has anybody else faced similar problems? And if so what was your solution?

It is under warranty but the hassle of taking it 30 miles to Camping World and then when done returning it to storage and backing it into it's enclosed space without my wife would be a pain.
Prior 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #2

Ya I wouldn't take it in yet. I had this camper and recall water escaping out the shower doors and puddle up on the floor. If you are really wanting to watch it, crank the shower on and sit in the bathroom to watch where the water comes out of. For us it was never a big problem. We put a towel on the bath floor anyway but it did help soak up that water quickly before it seeped into the walls.

I never thought up any modification or anything. But maybe someone else has.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboy View Post
Ya I wouldn't take it in yet. I had this camper and recall water escaping out the shower doors and puddle up on the floor. If you are really wanting to watch it, crank the shower on and sit in the bathroom to watch where the water comes out of. For us it was never a big problem. We put a towel on the bath floor anyway but it did help soak up that water quickly before it seeped into the walls.

I never thought up any modification or anything. But maybe someone else has.
It comes out mostly at the shower head side an inch or so from the wall. My gut is that the place where the horizontal and vertical aluminum shower door frame meet isn't caulked properly which allows water to leak out instead of going back into the shower. That will be my first test. Unfortunately no hookup in storage so I will have to take a few gallons of water...
Old 04-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #4

Ours leaked in the same location. I added clear silicone to the corner where the bottom track meets the side channels. We get almost no water leak. We do still get a very small drip once in a while from under the bottom track. I have been 1/2 tempted to remove the bottom track and seal it up before putting it back down.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:51 PM   #5

Same leak with our 2017. Last year after we bought it, we had the dealer try to seal it. They tried to seal it without removing the frame. When it comes out of storage this year, I am removing the frame and sealing it.
tcoilburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #6

I have the same problem with my shower but I have a curtain. I have a 2017 294QBSW. It is really frustrating knowing that when someone gets in the shower then I will have to clean up water. Does anyone have any suggestions?
98volfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98volfan View Post
I have the same problem with my shower but I have a curtain. I have a 2017 294QBSW. It is really frustrating knowing that when someone gets in the shower then I will have to clean up water. Does anyone have any suggestions?
We had this problem in a Airstream trailer we had a few years ago...aim the shower head away from the shower door helps a bunch. Also position your body so most of the water goes away from the door. Then as others suggested place a towel on the floor to catch the water.

We had a leak at the shower faucet control. There was a removable panel in a closet behind the faucet control for access. It was a loose fitting dripping only when the valve was turned on. Might be something to check. Water can run down and out in odd places.
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:11 PM   #8

Angry

We have a 2015 jayco 27rls and have had a shower issue for all three years. We’ve been to multiple dealers who have “fixed” the issue. Then after a small period of use the door leaks, the plastic strip under the door tears and we have a puddle.
I think there is a design issue but Jayco always seemed to tell the dealer to make some change that doesn’t address the underlying issue.
Now the warranty is over.
We hang a shower curtain now to prevent the leak.
snerdwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by snerdwack View Post
We have a 2015 jayco 27rls and have had a shower issue for all three years. We’ve been to multiple dealers who have “fixed” the issue. Then after a small period of use the door leaks, the plastic strip under the door tears and we have a puddle.
I think there is a design issue but Jayco always seemed to tell the dealer to make some change that doesn’t address the underlying issue.
Now the warranty is over.
We hang a shower curtain now to prevent the leak.
Our problem was the bottom shower door "tray". Ours had 90 degree bends at the corners but were not sealed. My wife spent about 30 minutes sitting in the shower and using silicone to seal all the gaps. Now we have no shower leaks.....
Old 06-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #10

Jayco 27RLS shower issue

I'd be so happy if this were a sealing issue. The issue is the shower door starts to drag on the bottom rail. This has been "fixed" multiple times but after a weeks use of the shower the issue returns.
Jayco was contacted each time (under warranty) but never provided a good solution.
snerdwack is offline   Reply With Quote