Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2015, 04:32 PM   #1

Leaning to one side

my white hawk trVel trailer leans to the passengers side and is out about two inches. Took it back to the dealer (very condecending to females) and says it is normal. Has anyone had this problem. It is brand new and makes it very hard to level out?!
Kozi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #2

He's lying through his teeth just make a call to Jayco and tell em what he said.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #3

Just look at his sales lot and ask why they don't all lean 2" to the side
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I have taken it in and asked those very questions? He measured it and agrees with the 2" but swears it's normal because the furnace and sink etc is on that side. After researching and now joining this sight I have my t's crossed and will be phoning Jayco in the morning to report him!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:17 PM   #5

I paid 35000 for the unit and something like this is unacceptable!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:49 PM   #6

The sinks are plastic and so is the shower stall and the toilet plus the furnace is tiny. I have a rather large slide out on one side and mine is not off even 1/4" of an inch.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
The sinks are plastic and so is the shower stall and the toilet plus the furnace is tiny. I have a rather large slide out on one side and mine is not off even 1/4" of an inch.
+1

That's not right at all. The trailer should not lean like that under normal circumstances. I'm curious to hear what Jayco has to say. Perhaps a second opinion is in order. Find another Jayco dealer or repair shop nearby (if possible) and ask what they think. I would think a service writer at just about any dealership would be willing to take a minute out of his day to take a quick look.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:12 PM   #8

Take a look at BOTH sides, in between the axles, at the shackle links from the springs to the center pivot. They can flip, especially if jacked up improperly. Make sure they are all the same direction.
Tim L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:46 PM   #9
bap

Another thing to check is to make sure some idiot at the factory didn't put one size tires on one side and another size on the other. Weirder things have happened,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #10

Funny how a service writer or some other person tells you it's "normal" and when you call them on it and explain you called the manufacturer, they change their tune.

Took the 20MRB back to the dealer to have a few tweeks done under warranty. I mentioned here, that on our 5400 mile trilp, the main fuse on the battery blew whenever the slide was brought in just using battery power with no shore power. The service manager said this was normal. I said, that cannot be because I know that if you are boondocking, you are going to use battery power to move the slide in or out and the fuse should not blow..

He went on to say that when my fuse blew, it was due to the batteries being low and sucking so much power to close the slide. I mentioned to him that this happened two hours after leaving the campground after being hooked to shore power for 12 hours. He then re-thought about the situation and says "it is not normal".

To make a point, after he had the slide out and brought it back in, I went to unhitch the TT from the TV but the tongue jack wouldn't work. I pointed that out and he had a tech get a box of 30 amp fuses.

Hope he finds the problem.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote