Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2021, 06:14 AM   #1

Leaving slide out extended out?

My Jayco white hawk is parked on my property on 8 inches of crusher run. We go up on the weekends stay anywhere from 2 to 4 days at a time. I am always concerned that at time to close up and go home that it will be raining. I know this question is probably been answered before but is it OK to leave the slide out extended for two weeks? Like I stated I can’t always plan that it won’t be raining a time to close up. There are no trees in the vicinity of my camper. I really don’t have a critter problem. The slide rails are always lubed. Thank you for your response
Hatchet jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:24 AM   #2

We were seasonal campers for 10 years and left our slides out from April 15th thru October 15. Never had a problem. I did treat the seals a couple times during the season with Aerospace 303 to keep them pliable and protect them from UV rays.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #3

I hope so I am living in mine
Vedasl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:20 PM   #4

A couple of years ago while visiting Green Lakes State Park in Syracuse NY for the NYS Fair, we had a torrential downpour that lasted about 45 minutes. It was determined by the National Weather Service that two inches of rain fell during that time period. There was some water leaking in from top of the super slide. It has never happened again.

So because of that, I always bring in the slide when I am away for more than a day. I am on a private campsite most of the summer and usually stay there on weekends. It only takes a few seconds to bring the slide in and out. To me, no big deal. Just peace of mind, one less thing to worry about.

Same thing happened July 3, 2 inches a rain in 2 hours. Since I was away, the superslide was brought in. I went to inspect everything today, no problems. My brother left his slide out. As I went to check on it, there was water in one of the kitchen cabinets. I suspect his kitchen slide has a leak.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 08:14 PM   #5

Spent six months in Florida with the slide out and never an issue.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 04:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
A couple of years ago while visiting Green Lakes State Park in Syracuse NY for the NYS Fair, we had a torrential downpour that lasted about 45 minutes. It was determined by the National Weather Service that two inches of rain fell during that time period. There was some water leaking in from top of the super slide. It has never happened again.

So because of that, I always bring in the slide when I am away for more than a day. I am on a private campsite most of the summer and usually stay there on weekends. It only takes a few seconds to bring the slide in and out. To me, no big deal. Just peace of mind, one less thing to worry about.

Same thing happened July 3, 2 inches a rain in 2 hours. Since I was away, the superslide was brought in. I went to inspect everything today, no problems. My brother left his slide out. As I went to check on it, there was water in one of the kitchen cabinets. I suspect his kitchen slide has a leak.
I understand the issue is when leaving to go home pulling in the bump out soaking wet. I spent 9 days last year in the camper and went through a tropical storm with 3.5. “ or rain. Was all good .
Old 07-09-2021, 04:39 AM   #7

I kind of figured it was okay thank you for the replies