Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #1

Led controller

Has anyone used this to dim the super bright LED awning lights?
How did it work? Any issues? I was thinking of connecting this right in the end of the LED Strip just before the wires go into the trailer outside wall.
Attached Thumbnails
LED CONTROLLER-2.jpg  

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #2

Yes, there are a lot of people who have used that (or at least that type, assuming it's a PWM dimmer) dimming unit. There are several posts about installing it. In several models, the owners have found the wiring for the awning LEDs just inside the trailer behind various access panels so you can protect it from the weather. As long as you install it where you have access to the pos and neg that go to the LED strip (not a common ground) it should work fine.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #3

I just installed them on both my awnings right as they came in the wall on the inside. Straight forward wiring. Although it did take 5 of them to get 2 that worked right. Some would dim but it was not noticeable. Amazon kept shipping them till I got a second one to work.
Stevek10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Has anyone used this to dim the super bright LED awning lights?
How did it work? Any issues? I was thinking of connecting this right in the end of the LED Strip just before the wires go into the trailer outside wall.

Much to my happy surprise I am holding the exact LED controller in my hand.

I have a 2018 Jay Flight 32BHDS and am looking to install this LED controller. I checked behind the main control panel and as predicted the only run to the on/off switch for the awning light is a break in either the + or - and the wire goes up into the ceiling.....Of course I could just place it inline right before the LED light itself, but that would leave it open to the elements.

Where have other folks put this sucker?
Sscheitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:13 AM   #5
CAG

I used this which allows the level you wish at the time, and there is another thread on here about dimming if you do a search.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote