Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2017, 03:54 PM   #1

LED Interior Lights Recalled 2017 Jayco

Going back and forth with the dealer and Jayco with regard to the LED lights. I think it was the "Boob" type lights that were recalled. The dealer says our lights aren't recalled. Jayco says they are. The ones they delivered to the dealer don't fit our housing. Someone is wrong, but we can't figure out who. I've attached pictures of ours. If any of you have had these changed out, would you please let me know.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Our LED Interior.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	34304

Click image for larger version

Name:	Our LED exterior.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	34305
oldbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:10 AM   #2

If your TT falls within the serial numbers Jayco released than yours needs the lights replaced. My 24RKS did but my lights look different. There is no rim like yours. The plastic cover fully encloses the light. My old lights has 6 LED and the new have 9. Your pic shows 9 LED, but not sure if this matters.
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #3

LED recall

Thanks for the reply. People are posting pictures of the recalled lights and I'm attaching pictures of those. Ours are much larger in circumference, and have a wide metal rim around the exterior. The interior LED wafer is nothing like the recalled ones. Maybe someone in the community bought a 2017 X23B, or has the same lights as ours and can advise if they have had them replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Recalled Boobie Light .jpg   ENIMAGE1498261082753.jpg  
Old 08-26-2017, 06:13 PM   #4

I will give this a bump. The lights you showed is what I had, and the replacement was 9 LED instead of 6. Two of my originals melted in the bathroom. I see yours are 9 LED so you might not be affected.
Scott_Trailer_Newbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:27 AM   #5

I hope your ceiling wasn't damaged as a result.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #6

We purchased a 2017 23MRB and they need to be replaced. Dealer ordered them and we have appointment to get them changed. You can see the lights by googling Jayco 23MRBB; 2 or 3 you tube videos showing a tour.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #7

I asked the dealer if the LED's had been replaced in the trailer I bought. They said they were aware of, and had replaced the LED's.

I also sent an email to Jayco with my trailer's VIN, asking if my trailer had an outstanding recall. They said mine didn't. I took that to mean it had been fixed.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #8

LED Interior Lights Recalled 2017 Jayco

My situation is resolved. The circular LED Boards with 6 LED's are the ones recalled. My light has 9 LED's and has a rectangular board, and was not recalled, so does not need to be replaced. I received a confirmation from Command Electronics who manufactured the lights.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:54 AM   #9

Can anyone tell me how to get the covers of these boob lights? I have a 2018 264bh. The lights are all plastic and I don't want to break them getting them off.
Coghlin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #10

they just pull off
not a lot of force required
pretty easy to snap back on
deewaltguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #11

Hello.. Took my 27 DSRL WH in for the recall. After the dealer investigated, they were told mine was not affected. That Jayco wanted to mass recall to make sure they were covered..
Old 07-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #12

That is idiotic to do a mass recall and waste time for those unaffected. However they inspected it, you could have done it yourself if you were given the information...
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklwil View Post
Hello.. Took my 27 DSRL WH in for the recall. After the dealer investigated, they were told mine was not affected. That Jayco wanted to mass recall to make sure they were covered..
That sounds fishy. You got the actual letter from Jayco last year,only to be told by the dealer your's is unaffected?
Old 07-23-2018, 02:14 PM   #14
Site Team

A similar thing happened with the Kidde fire extinguisher recall. They sent out a shotgun letter then when you called in they said " Yours is not involved in the recall" , after you gave them all the information.

So I promptly thru mine away and bought 2 new ones. Two months later, I get 2 in the mail with return instructions.

Good luck on getting them back.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:31 PM   #15

Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbat View Post
Thanks for the reply. People are posting pictures of the recalled lights and I'm attaching pictures of those. Ours are much larger in circumference, and have a wide metal rim around the exterior. The interior LED wafer is nothing like the recalled ones. Maybe someone in the community bought a 2017 X23B, or has the same lights as ours and can advise if they have had them replaced.
Those are my lights in my camper 2017 Jayco I now have 3 lights that are strobing, I’m calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they will do anything!
Strawberrysan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberrysan53 View Post
Those are my lights in my camper 2017 Jayco I now have 3 lights that are strobing, I’m calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they will do anything!
Jayco never bothered to inform me of the recall. I accidentally stumbled on it. Contacted the manufacturer and they sent me new lights for my entire rig. I installed them myself.

If you lights look like the attached picture, they are the ones recalled due to a potential fire hazzard.
Attached Thumbnails
Led Light 3.jpg  

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:39 AM   #17

2017 light recall

Can someone post the recall notice to provide us with a date of the boob light recall. We have the recalled lights in our trailer some have been replaced 10 have not. We have 6 strobing or dead lights at the present time. Melanie at Jayco is stating recall does not apply as trailer built in 2017 was built after recall!!!!. We took delivery in Canada of our 2017 Jay Flight in July 2017. Some lights have been replaced with the 9 led fix but 10 have not.
Anne and Dave Marsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:46 AM   #18

Here is a link to a news article regarding the recall.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ts-082317.html

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:44 AM   #19

Thank you Jim D very helpful
Anne and Dave Marsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 04:29 PM   #20

The recall notice can be found at https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V290-4560.pdf We were notified that our lights were recalled based on the build sheet of our camper (per Jayco). It turns out they installed different lights than the recalled ones in our camper. The build sheet was wrong. If you compare your lights to the ones posted by JimD (above) and they are the same, then your lights are bad, regardless of what your dealer says. I ultimately called Command Electronics, who manufactured our lights, and they confirmed that I did not get the recalled ones. They were willing to send replacements for all of my lights, if they were recalled. If you want the straight answer, check to see if Command Electronics is imprinted on the white backer board that the LED board attaches to. You can call their customer service department at (269) 679-4011. You will get the correct information from them. The dealer is obligated to switch out the lights if they are bad, because it's a federal safety recall. Good luck.