Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #1

Legit or Scam?

My wife signed up for some contest or something at a store that sells outdoor equipment, and now, apparently as a result of that, we've received a mailer.

We're located in Michigan, and the resort is Outdoor Adventures Resorts. They've included a number of enticements, gift cards, free 3 days camping, and a chance to win a truck.

And, they claim not to be a timeshare or a land sales promotion. They just want 90 minutes of our time to be shown around their fabulous campground.

Okay....born at night, but not last night, right? But the spouse figures there are enough freebies that we'll walk away modestly enriched no matter what. I'm willing to go along just to avoid being a nay-sayer, and maybe for the limited entertainment value. My guess is it's for sales of campground memberships, with high pressure salesman/snakes. It's significant to note they don't actually state what they're selling.

my question for you: Can anyone with direct knowledge or direct experience with Outdoor Adventures enlighten me?
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #2

Google them.......
https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...g-c632743.html
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
My wife signed up for some contest or something at a store that sells outdoor equipment, and now, apparently as a result of that, we've received a mailer.

We're located in Michigan, and the resort is Outdoor Adventures Resorts. They've included a number of enticements, gift cards, free 3 days camping, and a chance to win a truck.

And, they claim not to be a timeshare or a land sales promotion. They just want 90 minutes of our time to be shown around their fabulous campground.

Okay....born at night, but not last night, right? But the spouse figures there are enough freebies that we'll walk away modestly enriched no matter what. I'm willing to go along just to avoid being a nay-sayer, and maybe for the limited entertainment value. My guess is it's for sales of campground memberships, with high pressure salesman/snakes. It's significant to note they don't actually state what they're selling.

my question for you: Can anyone with direct knowledge or direct experience with Outdoor Adventures enlighten me?

You can check them out online. I know that they have campgrounds everywhere. In this day and age, with so many of us seeking good campgrounds, it is getting harder to book a good campground. My two favorites have to be booked months and months ahead of time. Maybe this would be good to look into. I would be interested to see what comes of your visit.
AlStevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:05 PM   #4

Ha ha...I checked a few sources online, and the reviews are scathing. Thanks for your replies.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #5

Ah, a contest! No doubt had she turned over the entry form it would have had a bunch of small print allowing them to contact you in return for filling out the form. You are correct, it's for sales of campground memberships, with high pressure salesman that make you want to take a shower when you are done talking to them.

We've done this kind of thing exactly twice over the years, both times for time shares pitches. Both were very bad experiences, although with one of them we did receive the free stuff as promised, a paid weekend at an indoor water park and $50 in restaurant vouchers. Even so we will never again sit through one of these.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:38 PM   #6

I never sigh up for anything at all anymore! I will take a brochure to remind me to call or look them up, before I put my contact info on anything.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

We've been through 3 of those types of presentations. Each time we walked away with what was offered without spending anything but our time.
- 1 was a free Jeep rental coupon in Sedona, AZ that we gave to our son and his new bride.
- 1 was a weekend of camping at a very nice, full hookup campground in CO.
- 1 was, IIRC, some food voucher for listening to a DVC (Disney Vacation Club) presentation in Orlando.

Sitting through most of those presentations was a PIA, but we kept our eyes on the prize and ignored most of what was said.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:04 PM   #8

Had a three day stay in Branson MO at a top notch hotel...............cost us 90 minutes of high pressure sales for a time share...............just sat there with our arms folded saying "NO"..............had a real nice mini vacation out of the deal.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:05 PM   #9

Campground membership sales - very high pressure - is 2ish hours of your time worth the “ freebies “ for 3 nights camping near an area that i will in anyway - sign me up I can “ JUST SAY NO “ about 10 - 20 times they eventually get the hint and I saved $100+ Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7h View Post
Campground membership sales - very high pressure - is 2ish hours of your time worth the “ freebies “ for 3 nights camping near an area that i will in anyway - sign me up I can “ JUST SAY NO “ about 10 - 20 times they eventually get the hint and I saved $100+ Les
Just be sure to cross your arms, have wife fake nodding off while your'e staring out the window.
RetiredLEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #11
Site Team

My time is to valuable for that.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
my time is to valuable for that.
^^^ x2
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:26 PM   #13

This is just the tip of the iceberg...

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...chigan-1378905

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote