Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #11

Thanks guys, the string is a good idea... i should have tried that and took a pic so you all could see. i have removed the bike rack and moved the jacks about 1' closer to the axles and now i don't see a problem. I bolted them back on and had no problems this past trip... I was really tired of pinching my fingers trying to install and un-install these on every trip... I think i have it fixed now... anybody want to purchase a bike rack? lol

Old 11-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #12

jacks

I have a 2011 22fB Jayco. In the six months I have owned it, I bent and destroyed (scrapped on road while all the way retracted) and replaced both front jacks. Once pulling out of a campsite (probably my fault) and the other time I have no idea where I scraped but it happened on the highway. I am pulling with an F250 with 20 inch wheels and the hitch height was adjusted so the trailer is leve while resting on the ball. I also have weight distribution bars. I noticed that Jayco mounted spacers on the front and mounted the jacks to the spacers. Anyway, I am having the axle flipped in a week (and hitch height adjusted accordingly) to see if that helps with clearance.
The spacers are welded to the frame, I will see if I can get them cut off and the jacks mounted directly to the frame like the rear ones are while it's in the shop

I would say your concern is well founded based on my experience

narcdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #13

I always wonder about the rear jacks and am very careful in driveways. Never even thought about the fronts.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #14

I too have bent and unsurgically removed several stabilizer jacks. Being a boondocker most of my modifications have been the result of uneven ground. The problem with stabilizer jacks is the fact that they do not slide well, they have a tendency to dig in. I have found that moving them a little closer to the wheels helps. I would be very interested in anyone's ideas to hinge them or make them flush with the bottom of the frame
Idaho Spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Spud View Post
I too have bent and unsurgically removed several stabilizer jacks. Being a boondocker most of my modifications have been the result of uneven ground. The problem with stabilizer jacks is the fact that they do not slide well, they have a tendency to dig in. I have found that moving them a little closer to the wheels helps. I would be very interested in anyone's ideas to hinge them or make them flush with the bottom of the frame
Instead of hinging, moving, or making the jacks flush, why not install skids or castors behind the jacks so the skids or castors can do the dragging instead of the jacks?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #16

If I did want to remove my jacks for clearance everytime, I would probably just weld on some angle iron to the frame. Just weld in some small angle iron to create slide in brackets. Slide the jack in place and put it down. You would not need to bolt them in everytime. There just bolted in for travel.

Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote