Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #1

Talking Leveling TT on Permanent Site

Well, the snow is gone and the ground is drying up in Central PA and am getting ready to move my TT to its site on April 15th. Are there any tricks of the trade to make sure it is level? I have my wood cut for under the tires, 4 x 8 x 16 cerment blocks and spacers for the corner jacks and front jacks, plus leveling blocks and chocks, am I missing anything that is a must to have? Will be picking up a 30 amp surge protector, water pressure regulator and other items when we do our walk thru on the unit. Any hints or advice would be great.
Thanks to all on this forum for your GREAT wisdom in the past and in the future.
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #2

For the TT at my seasonal site, I use my "good enough" level. In other words, I don't make my trailer perfectly level because within my region, my trailer is sitting on soft soil. My deck and trailer "float around" - after each massive rain. But, I do try to get my TT pretty close to level, and re-level it every 2 months. Always checking the fridge floor level a few days after the massive rain storms. In reality, only its fridge needs to be near level.

Talk about level.... I noticed my TT's large slide flat roof is getting a natural sag. This sag allows water to collect in its middle. While storing my TT during its winter months, I now install an adjustable support post. With slide IN, I then install this post from floor to its main beam. And, I apply tension - to force an upward bow (in its main beam). In the spring (when post is removed), my slide's large flat roof is now flat.

Slide Roof (before): http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/100_0358.jpg
Adjustable suppot post (when slide is IN): http://2.imimg.com/data2/MK/PO/IMFCP...ps-500x500.jpg

Also... Put jacks or cement blocks on wide 18" or 24" wide thick padio stones. The wider the ground surface, the better. And, wider means it sinks less in the ground (especially during frost months).

Hope this helps at your seasonal site....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #3

I purposely angle mine toward the back and 'street side' very slightly so rain water goes off the slideouts (no slide awnings). Funny how much difference 1" will make over the entire length of the TT. No problems with the fridge.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote