Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #1

Lippert Schwintek Slide Issue

2017 Hummingbird RK. Slide was good until last week when someone left a hard eyeglass case on the fender under the slide. It was the same color as fender (black) so no one saw it upon check before extending slide. It seems as if slide went over the case and snagged it on the way back in. Was testing the slide... not really sure what happened but after going in and out a couple of times I noticed the slide was not smooth and went out to watch it as someone moved it for me and then I noticed a partially crushed eyeglass case.

Anyway, when the slide is extended all the way, the left side makes a crunching noise as if it is extended a tab bit too far. I have watched the different techniques to synchronize the motors (tried at least 30x) which has helped it, but it still has a slight crunch noise on the left side (sounds like the inside trim is being pinched) when fully extended. The slide does not seem to be crooked (maybe a 1/2 on the outside but not really on the inside) and it seems tight, maybe too tight on that side. I am willing to let it go if it is not a problem, but of course I would like it to be perfect, so it does not create any worse issues down the road. I would appreciate all feedback. I have tried to schedule an appointment to have it looked at local RV centers; however, they are booked to like June or July.
sirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:47 PM   #2

Hi,
If it didn't make the sound before crushing the case, its possible something got a little out of place as a result. Or possibly there is still some other minor obstruction. The Schwintek on my trailer flexes the inside trim a bit as it pushes against the wall just as it's fully extending. It creaks a bit but not a crunching sound. We've always had problems with the Schwintek slide getting out of sync. Also may want to locate the slide controller and see if it's flashing any error codes.
GraphiteDriver is offline   Reply With Quote