Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2016, 12:01 AM   #1

Looking at 32DSBH

So me and the wife have been shopping for the last few weeks for a TT. We have looked at everything from 20k-50k including most brands. I'm not familiar at all with Jayco but they seem to have good reviews. Today we came across a new 2015 White Hawk 32DSBH. It seems to be at a reasonable price and has everything we are looking for. My questions are, what options should we be looking for if we are staying in it long term? What is a reasonable price for this model taking into consideration that it's been on the lot a long time? Are there any known issues with this model?
Thanks in advance, Ryan
Rynowb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:41 AM   #2

Welcome to JOF, hopefully someone will chime in with your question.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #3

I have a similar unit, the Jayco Flight 33TSBH, which is identical in front 2/3 of the trailer. Bathroom and bunkroom is little different. The only issue I have with the unit is TV viewing. Seating on the sofa is such an angle to the TV that someone sitting in the center or front end of sofa cannot comfortably view the TV. Sitting on the back end of sofa requires sitting at an angle.

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
:USA::USA:
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #4

I just bought the 2016 Jayflight 32dsbh, brought it home over the weekend. I have looked at many different trailers at rv shows and the jayco quality is one of the best. The differences between the whitehawk and the jay flight is the weight, mine is 8062 lbs as equiped,( the whitehawk is around 7500). The jayflight front bedroom lets you out on both sides of the bed not just the one entrance as on the whitehawk. and the fiberglass sidewalls on the whitehawk are standard. Go on youtube and search for videos there are plenty that will give you a good rundown on differences.

Things to look at are the dinette size, jayco is bigger than most, the mattresses are much better on the jayco than other brands. Then look at the quality of the cabinets, you get what you pay for. jayco is real wood not pressboard...

The options I would look for is the customer value package which gives you some basic upgrades.. also the elite package gives you the better suspension , bigger ac 15000 btu, and the thermal package which gives you the enclosed underbelly and better insulation. Jayco also gives you a 2 year bb warranty.

I am looking forward to many great years with my new camper.. good luck on your search
cozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #5

Welcome!

Out first TT was a White Hawk and we loved her. Prior to 2016 WH had a tendency to get soft spots in the floor, and we had one developing in front of the bathroom door when we traded her. Other than that, we had two years and ~11k trouble free miles.

Based on our experience, when we traded up we knew it was Jayco or nothing.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #6

You definitely want the Elite and Thermal packages as well as the upgraded 15k AC & Hide a Bed. You may also want to consider the Jay Flight 32BHDS if your TV can handle the extra weight.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:26 PM   #7

well my wife and I went to our 3rd RV show yesterday in Toronto, thought I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted, However the wifey obviously always throws a wrench into things, lol. We have looked at many TT and up until yesterday just could not find anything that would satisfy our needs. We were going back and forth between the 32bhds and the 28 bhbe. I really liked the 28bhbe but my wife just didn't see enough storage. she kept asking where would I put the kids stuff, what about the towels, where do I put my pots and pans? after really looking, I could see her point. Now its back to the drawing board again.. the 32bhds is nice, only problem is the tongue weight, I know friends who tow big TT with there 1/2 trucks with no problems but I own a 15 f150 with max payload of 1574lbs. So I need to find something with a relatively low tongue weight. Looked at the 32tsbh jayflight, lots of storage in this baby and looking at specs, has a much lower tongue weight then the 32bhds, wonder why ?
bexiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #8

I would say because if you look at the gross weight, the tsbh is heavier with a lighter tongue. The weight is from the extra bunk slide and the ward on the back wall. More weight behind the axels equals lighter tongue.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #9

We were also looking at both models before deciding with the 28BHBE. Mostly because it was a lighter trailer (1000-1500 lbs) and we would have the option to tow with our F-150. If we had an F-250, we would have considered either of the models, simply for the fact that it has more storage, and you can enter the front bedroom from either side. Outside kitchen is definitely a plus. Good luck.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
I would say because if you look at the gross weight, the tsbh is heavier with a lighter tongue. The weight is from the extra bunk slide and the ward on the back wall. More weight behind the axels equals lighter tongue.
I see your from Smithville, I will be buying from dealership from your neck of the woods, sicards. Seem like good people.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexiga View Post
I see your from Smithville, I will be buying from dealership from your neck of the woods, sicards. Seem like good people.
They are 2 minutes away from me. If it wasn't for the trees I could probably see them.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
They are 2 minutes away from me. If it wasn't for the trees I could probably see them.
lol