Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #1

Looking at a 2011 Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Howdy everyone -

I've been looking pretty seriously at the G2 32BHDS the last couple of weeks and am about ready to pull the trigger. Anyone here have direct experience with them? What are your thoughts? What are your thoughts on the G2 in general (any floorplan)? Anything to watch out for?

I read the post a while back about the plumbing on the rear kitchen.... It's a bummer that Jayco decided to plumb the sink that way, but it's good info to know as a new RV owner!

Any other knocks on this model?
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #2

We realllly liked the floorplan, but because of the 1/2 ton truck we opted to go with the smaller G2 bhs . The G2 is nice with it's standard options (did I say that right?). Does the one you are looking at come with that outside kitchen? I guess the plumbing would be a pain if so. Since becoming a member here, I can't recall anyone who had any real issues with that floorplan in general. Wow TexAM, anyhow, happy shopping! A new tt is sooooo exciting
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #3

I have a 2010 32bhds and love it. We are a family of 6 sometimes 7 and the 4 kids ( 13,12,10 and 4) love having their own room. We do not have the outdoor kitchen since it was not available when we ordered it and would not have ordered that option and lose the storage space.Other outdoor kitchens have a microwave, stovetop, sink and refer, I think there may not be a microwave on the Jayco outdoor kitchen. We have every option that was available except the bbq and had Jayco install a black tank flush. We paid $21,350 .00 out the door from RV Direct in Albany , N.Y.. Our only suggestion to Jayco would to move the grey water dump valve more to the rear of the TT since it is under the main slide, we use an old awning hook to open and close it. I also wish there was a longer electric awning available to cover both doors, some have opted for a manual dealer installed awning.

We shopped this floorplan for over a year, coachman and starcraft have similar floorplans and are a little cheaper but trade some options for price, but choose the Jayco for the J-cube futons and 2 year warranty.

My Excursion tows it fine using the Reese dual cam. We lived in our TT this summer for 4 weeks while we traveled from NY to Florida. We stayed at 10 different CG's during our trip and had no problem fitting in to our sites.

Any questions you can ask here or email me and I will do my best to answer them.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #4

Rv direct is a good place to get an internet quote! Because of our internet quotes, we bought for about 30% off MSRP from a local dealer. Definitely check out the internet quotes!!! And of course then take those to your local dealer to make a deal
Old 10-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. I've got a 3/4 ton truck, so no issues with towing. I will be getting an outdoor kitchen, and have read the issues with plumbing and leaking... not sure what I'm going to do about that yet, but will figure something out once the trailer is in hand. Also looking at a Reese Strait Line hitch with dual cam sway control.

I've gotten several quotes from RVdirect... of course the local dealer said they can't match that price, but are very willing to work with me to get me in the trailer. I haven't discussed it with them yet because once that process starts, there is no going back (I know from my own personal track record).
Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasA&M View Post
Thanks for the info. I've got a 3/4 ton truck, so no issues with towing. I will be getting an outdoor kitchen, and have read the issues with plumbing and leaking... not sure what I'm going to do about that yet, but will figure something out once the trailer is in hand. Also looking at a Reese Strait Line hitch with dual cam sway control.

I've gotten several quotes from RVdirect... of course the local dealer said they can't match that price, but are very willing to work with me to get me in the trailer. I haven't discussed it with them yet because once that process starts, there is no going back (I know from my own personal track record).
Just understand that the refrigerator in the outdoor kitchen is not designed to be in use with the access door closed. So do not use it while traveling. The issue is air circulation and heat. It will trip the refrig off. I would think a person could do some mods to get a powered air vent in there but I don't know. We just got our 314bds and opted not to go with the kitchen for a few reasons but this was one issue many are unaware of.
Jon Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #7

Even with a 3/4 ton truck this is still a heavy TT. Mine has a sticker on it saying it weighed 8308lbs as it left the factory. I am at 9500lbs loaded to camp.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #8

No doubt it's a heavy load... I'm sure it will push 10k at times, depending on where I'm going. Will be nice to finally have something worth towing with the truck though!! The F250 is bored with my 18' boat behind it.....

In regards to the outdoor fridge not working with the door closed; this is somewhat troubling. I understand not traveling with it on and or loaded, but if I'm using that fridge, would I have to leave the door open the entire time I'm camping? I would want to be able to close the door at least at night and use that space as food storage to keep the critters out.

I'll do some more research and let you guys know if I find anything out.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #9

Hello

I modified the drain on the rear kitchen since my origonal post

I now have it so I can drain the rear kitchen into either the black or grey tank

I added a inline air vent to the drain as well

it took me a couple hours of work to run the new drain line, i have a tee in the drain line with one line going to the black and one line going to the grey tank with shut off valves on each of the drain lines

so i can easily pick which tank the rear kitchen runs to , the shut off valves are just under where the rear stove is .

The warranty from jayco is only void for any modifications i did causes any other issue with the trailer - ie a drain problem from what i did or vent not working due to plumbing i did , the jayco warranty for every thing else is still okay as per email from jayco and my dealer

the modification work great ,i will try and post a few picks in a day or two , saved a bundle from what the dealer wanted to charge for the work

I run the fridge with the rear door closed , you can not leave the rear kitchen door open during any rain storms , we camp in temp at or below 70f and the fridge is left on it lowest setting - barely on , with no issues yet

we have not had a issue with heat yet - you could run a vent our the back to provide fresh air , but we have never seen the temp be up in that compartment yet

I have seen some houses and trailers that have fridges under cabinets or in cabinets so they are really confined and as long as heat can come off the fins at the back so the compressor can cool down and not overheat there should be not issues , there is lots of room behind and around the fridge to allow the air to flow and keep the fridge running fine , only issues you would have is when you are in and out of the fridge a lot the fridge would run a lot a run and heat up a lot.

we love the floor plan , we just came back from a weekend with 6 people and a dog and every one had lots of room

i also added a couple outside lights by the back door and out the back of the trailer

i am also in the process of installing a tank monitoring system in the back kitchen

I pull the trailer with my 2008 1500 mega cab with no issues,it is really a 3/4 ton truck , full floating axles , 6500lbs rear axles capacity and 5600lbs front axle capaciity , big giant brakes and tires , my suspension and tires are heavier than my brothers 3/4 chev truck and i have higher axle capacity than his truck and bigger springs, every thing is bigger and heavier than his 3/4 chev

I will try and get a few modification picks out in the next couple of days

2012 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 6.7lt diesel 6 speed 3.73 rear end

2011 Jayco 32BHDS with Rear kitchen and 2013 jayco x17z hybrid Previous units , 2010 jayco 1007 Trent trailer , 2009 Jayco 28bhds , 2004 Jayco 8U Tent Trailer , 1977 Corsair TT, 1970?? tent trailer, Pop Up Palomino Truck Camper
chrisvandette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #10

Dodge and Ford are always heavier duty than GM...

Thanks for the info. My salesman actually talked to Jayco this morning about the rear refrigerator and he said the same thing; there should be no issue with running it with the rear door closed.

I'd be interested in seeing the pictures of the mods you did. Thanks for all the tips.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #11

Ended up pulling the trigger on the 32BHDS this weekend. Should be at the dealer in the next two weeks (just rolled off the line at the Jayco factory). Got pretty much all of the available options. Just need to find a storage place and a WD hitch now...
Old 10-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #12

Congrats! Does your weather allow for you to camp through Fall/Winter? Will you get some camping in before the end of the 'season' where you live?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #13

[QUOTE=TexasA&M;6631]Dodge and Ford are always heavier duty than GM...

Thanks for the info. My salesman actually talked to Jayco this morning about the rear refrigerator and he said the same thing; there should be no issue with running it with the rear door closed.
QUOTE]

Definately report back on the refrigerator. Our dealer advised against it because they had seen quite a few back for the heat issue.
Congrats on the purchase, I think you'll love it. We just got our 314 which is similar in floorplan and love it.
Jon Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #14

I'll let you know if I have any problems with the fridge. It would be basically worthless if you can't run it with the door closed, so I'm hoping that it's not an issue.

The weather should be nice enough for us to at least get a couple of 'dry runs' in with the camper before next spring. We do most of our camping at lakeside campgrounds, so summer is optimal. Nothing wrong with going out in the winter and drinking a few beers by the fire though. Hopefully we'll have everything figured out and organized by the time boating season rolls around.... now I just gotta figure out how to get the camper AND the boat to the lake!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #15

I think you will be quite happy with your new trailer! I know I'm a little late, but I would recommend the 15K a/c unit option. I have the smaller one, and it's okay, but if I had to do it over, bigger may be better! I've yet to have a problem with the rear fridge and I used it one weekend when it was steadily over 100*F outside. Congrats and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
rescuebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #16

The local dealer here orders all Jaycos with the thermal package and 15k btu A/C units... I would have checked those option boxes anyway, but it's nice to know that they are in tune with what is needed here in Texas with the heat that we can have. I basically got every option that I could, except for the water purifier, and grill. I didn't like where the grill attached to the trailer, so I figured I could just get my own gas grill if I wanted one.

Glad to know that you haven't had any problems with the fridge. It can be over 100*F out here anytime between early June and late September, so I hope it's up to the task.

I don't yet have a date on when the trailer is supposed to arrive, but I should know something tomorrow. Hoping that I can pick it up by the end of this month. Been reading everything I can about the walk through/inspection, and am hoping that I don't find anything wrong with the camper that would keep me from taking it home that day. It will definitely be worth having all issues taken care of by the dealer before I sign any papers though.....
Old 10-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #17

Went and checked the trailer out yesterday... it is nice!!! Will be picking it up at the end of next week. Looking forward to hooking it up to the truck and rolling out!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #18

Good choice, your truck will tow it fine.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #19

Picked her up this weekend.... No major issues to speak of. Just need to start using it now! So far, very pleased with the setup. Haven't used it for much other than sleeping in, but all has gone well. Already picked up a memory foam mattress topper to make the bed more comfy. I am also very pleased with how well she traveled. We drove ~100 miles on Friday with a fairly strong north wind at our backs for the first half of the drive. We had a cross wind for the second half, and both the truck and trailer handled very well. Need to do some fine tuning on the WD setup, but will wait until we have the trailer all packed up to do that.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #20

couple more -