Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2020, 10:54 AM   #1

Looking for power to Winegard Rayzar.z1

I have a Whitehawk with a Winegard Rayzar.1 roof mounted antenna. In looking at the one page manual it starts out by saying “Ensure the power supply is ON...” Does anyone know where I might find this power supply? I’m not pleased with the reception I get.

There is nothing in the control panel and nothing plugged in behind the TV.
CaptainVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:02 AM   #2

Wheel alignment on Whitehawk

I have a 2018 Whitehawk 29FLS and when traveling over uneven ground I noticed one of the wheels on the driver’s side seemed to be at a slight angle compare to the other wheel on that side. As I reached more level ground the wheels seemed to properly align. Do the wheels have independent suspension or should I be worried about this “out of alignment” appearance?
Old 06-30-2020, 12:08 PM   #3

There should be an outlet or 12v outlet that is for the tv. Should have a coax cable outlet on it. There should be a power button on that. As for your axles, is it spring or torsion suspension? By angle to you mean tilted in at the top or toed in at the front?
Adios Pantelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #4

Some clarification: Under the TV, in the cabinet there is an open shelf. On the left side is a cigarette lighter style female plug with a small button on the plate. That button is your power. A green light will be on if it's activated. That said, your reception is a function of distance+interference(trees, buildings, etc) and antenna position/compass direction. In any event, most campground tv reception is as bad as the cell reception.

Next time start another post instead of piggyback posts.

Get a tape measure. On level ground, starting on one side, measure the distance between the wheel's tread surface at their closest point. Same on the other side. If not the same, you axles have shifted. If there is one wheel among the four that isn't perpendicular to the pavement, then you might have bent something. Check this with a carpenter's square, short leg on the pavement, long leg against the wheel at the center cap. These are not independent suspension geometry.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #5

Thanks found the power button. Went from 0 stations to 24.

Didn’t realize I had piggybacked the posts. The wheels are spring style. I believe they were out of align top to bottom but of course they look normal now - we’re camping today. I’ll pay closer attention when we get moving.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:12 PM   #6

I’ll get my square when I get home.

Thanks for the TV advice. I found the button. Makes a big difference.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #7

Quick follow up... while bracing the trailer I discovered a broken weld at the point where the clamp that holds the back spring attaches to the frame. When I brought it in for service the tech told me that tilted wheels are normal... until he saw the broken weld.