Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #1

Looking for propane tank holder

I have a 2015 Jayflight 195 SLX RB and the previous owner mounted an oversized 30lb propane tank in front of a dual marine battery setup.

The tank is held in place with two small bolts and nuts underneath the base of the tank, and on top he had two long rubber bungee type straps. NOT a good system and kinda ghetto. I'm not sure how to secure it. I would like to keep it since it's a taller tank, but same circumference.

I appreciate any thoughts and suggestions,

Thx
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1371.jpg  
viclava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:24 PM   #2

The Baja edition comes with the larger 30lb tank. Mine was the same way you describe when I got it new. I did modify mine a bit to better secure it, but there are a couple threads related to this issue that might be worth reviewing to see if there are any ideas that might work for you. I agree it's a terrible mounting "system", if that's what we are going to call it......

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...unt-56042.html
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...unt-33741.html
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:03 PM   #3

I’m guessing you don’t have the ability to fabricate a bracket. What about something like this? You’d just need to drill some holes into the tongue frame and bolt it down …

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F141663066120
Old 07-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #4

Thx, but I can fabricate something like ttavasac listed. That one listed in your link looks great though. thanks for the reply. It's all appreciated.
viclava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #5

My used 2015 185RB Baja has that same hokey 2-bolt mounting system that only attaches the bottom of the tank to the frame. It wobbles back and forth with ease, which is totally unacceptable for an off-road rig.

Sitting right next to it was a newer used Baja that had a beautiful, factory standard bracket (like the one in the picture. It mounts to the frame with bolts and encirles the tank. The 30lb tank was absolutely rock solid.

I plan to track down one of these if my dealer won't do it for me.
Attached Thumbnails
jayco-jayflight-baja.jpg  
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:59 PM   #6

I kept the two bolt holes. One I used with a bolt, the other I drilled out a bit and put a padlock through it. You can't even see it. I slide shims under the tank to secure it and used a softcover to cover the tank. Works great and looks good.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by viclava View Post
I have a 2015 Jayflight 195 SLX RB and the previous owner mounted an oversized 30lb propane tank in front of a dual marine battery setup.

The tank is held in place with two small bolts and nuts underneath the base of the tank, and on top he had two long rubber bungee type straps. NOT a good system and kinda ghetto. I'm not sure how to secure it. I would like to keep it since it's a taller tank, but same circumference.

I appreciate any thoughts and suggestions,

Thx
My dealer found the Jayco bracket. Here's the tag. I'm glad I looked a little closer. I didn't realize that the 2-bolt mounting points had already failed and had been hastily welded by the PO. The new bracket will mount directly to the frame with bolts through those mounting tabs (no bolts installed in mine yet).
Attached Thumbnails
20200120_154028.jpg   20200120_154010.jpg  
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote