Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #1

Looking for reviews and general information on Jay Flight 33 RLDS

My wife and I are considering purchasing a 2014 Jay Flight 33RLDS and are looking for reviews/comments from owners. We have had a 28 Keystone RL TT for 5 years and want to uprgrade - really like the 33RLDS. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
pajtgcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #2

I just purchased this unit....well a brand new 2013 and would be interested in peoples thoughts and opinions as well. I just love the space it gives in the living area and I got the fireplace option....I can not wait to use mine..

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #3

We purchased this unit in October 2013, got it home and its been sitting in my yard waiting for spring. I retired in February and we plan on parking it at a seasonal site. We loved all the open space. We have the two pull out sofas for when the grandkids visit. We also got the fireplace. Love the mounted TV. Campground opens April 1st and the wife can't wait.
gnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnevel View Post
We purchased this unit in October 2013, got it home and its been sitting in my yard waiting for spring. I retired in February and we plan on parking it at a seasonal site. We loved all the open space. We have the two pull out sofas for when the grandkids visit. We also got the fireplace. Love the mounted TV. Campground opens April 1st and the wife can't wait.
Yes, love the mounted TV and I as well have the two sofas as well. Congrats on your trailer and your retirement. I have another 5 years to go before I retire.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #5

We have a 2011 model and have about 6000 miles on it. Wife and I really love it, spent many nites over the 3 years and we were very comfortable it doing it. One thing we wish Jayco would have done was put a hood and fan to the outside over the cook stove. We have had some problems but all in all very nice trailer. People that have seen it were just amazed at the amount of room we have. We will be keeping it for a long long time. Have fun with yours, it is worth it.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #6

I recently purchased a leftover 2013 model and look forward to using it for the first time soon. The large living area with the fireplace is what sold us. The only thing by going to this unit is the awning is considerably smaller due to the slide on the doorside but for what is gained with the TT itself it's an easy one to swallow.Jayco did a great job designing the 33RLDS and in my eyes it is the flagship of the Jay Flights.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
I recently purchased a leftover 2013 model and look forward to using it for the first time soon. The large living area with the fireplace is what sold us. The only thing by going to this unit is the awning is considerably smaller due to the slide on the doorside but for what is gained with the TT itself it's an easy one to swallow.Jayco did a great job designing the 33RLDS and in my eyes it is the flagship of the Jay Flights.
Yes the slide limits the size of the awning, but also can provide a little privacy and shelter if the rain is coming from that direction. For me it is a non issue as it will be me there alone half the time with my wife coming when I'm off on weekends. As long as there is room for two chairs and the picnic table when we are eating then I'm good.

I also have the range hood over the stove as well as the microwave is over the stove...I have noticed that some units have this and others do not.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask934 View Post
Yes the slide limits the size of the awning, but also can provide a little privacy and shelter if the rain is coming from that direction. For me it is a non issue as it will be me there alone half the time with my wife coming when I'm off on weekends. As long as there is room for two chairs and the picnic table when we are eating then I'm good.

I also have the range hood over the stove as well as the microwave is over the stove...I have noticed that some units have this and others do not.
Friends of mine have the 330 RLTS Eagle which has the same rear living.They have the slide toppers on theirs and when it rains the water channels and runs off in front of the door soaking the steps etc.. granted the TT could be tipped back some so the water would flow in the other direction. As far as the Microwave/hood over the stove I think thats part of the customer value package however I've see a few that have the package and the microwave is in the cabinet area so I'm not really sure about the two placement locations and why.
Even though I haven't used mine yet I don't forsee any complaints pertaining to this travel trailer.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Friends of mine have the 330 RLTS Eagle which has the same rear living.They have the slide toppers on theirs and when it rains the water channels and runs off in front of the door soaking the steps etc.. granted the TT could be tipped back some so the water would flow in the other direction. As far as the Microwave/hood over the stove I think thats part of the customer value package however I've see a few that have the package and the microwave is in the cabinet area so I'm not really sure about the two placement locations and why.
Even though I haven't used mine yet I don't forsee any complaints pertaining to this travel trailer.

I was wonder if it is part of the Elite package...but it could be the value package as well. I do wonder why they are all not the same with the microwave about the stove...and with the range hood.

I can not wait to use it.....I was also wondering about a mattress topper to make the bed more comfortable.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #10

I also bought this unit for a seasonal sight in Maine 500 ft. ftom the ocean...love the lay-out, space, fireplace. I had concerns as I have a 24 foot screen room that will now be smaller due to the slide-out, but I loved it too much...oh I can't wait...
ellbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask934 View Post
I can not wait to use it.....I was also wondering about a mattress topper to make the bed more comfortable.
Do you have the Elite package? If so part of that package is a pillow top mattress.
I have the Elite package with the pillow top and will give it a try a couple nights as is however if I wake up in the morning feeling like someone beat me with a bat then I'll just put on the down comforter on it that I had on my previous TT mattress which was very comfortable.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:13 AM   #12

sask934 here's what's included in each package.I copied it off my dealers website.
2013 Jayco JAY FLIGHT ELITE PACKAGE:
•Aluminum rims power tongue jack 8 cu. ft. Norcold refrigerator with hardwood insert and deluxe pillowtop mattress
2013 Jayco JAY FLIGHT CUSTOMER VALUE PACKAGE:
•13500-BTU AC with directionalcloseable vents
•ABS shower surround with bath skylight and fan
•Dual 30-lb. propane bottles with easy access ABS cover
•Microwave with built-in hood over range
•Outside shower
•Oven
•Water heater bypass
2013 Jayco JAY FLIGHT OPTIONS:
•Bike rackcargo tray system (NA 19RD 22FB 24FBS 25BHS 26BH and 28BHS)
•Canadian Standards
•Chil N Stor (25BHS 26BH 28BHS and 29QBH)
•Customer Value Package
•Customer Value Package with 15000-BTU AC
•Electric stabilizer jacks (4)
•Electric tongue jack
•Elite Package (NA 36BHDS)
•Linoleum living area (26RLS 29RLDS and 33RLDS)
•Outside grill
•Power awning
•Roof ladder
•Spare tire and tire carrier
•Technology Package (NA on 33RLDS with Ledgestone Firplace Option)
•Thermal Package
2013 Jayco JAY FLIGHT THERMAL PACKAGE:
•Insulated heated and enclosed underbelly and 2-sided reflective foil insulation in main roof and slideout roof

Old 02-27-2014, 06:21 AM   #13

Now if you look at the value package it says •Microwave with built-in hood over range
However I've seen a few with this package without the hood over the range. Maybe dealers can order them without? Not sure.
Mine came with every option but the roof ladder. I wish it had one.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Now if you look at the value package it says •Microwave with built-in hood over range
However I've seen a few with this package without the hood over the range. Maybe dealers can order them without? Not sure.
Mine came with every option but the roof ladder. I wish it had one.
I looked on the Jayco site and it confirms your findings.....it is a head scratch-er that all units do not come with the range hood.

Mine has all the options including the roof ladder....it is fun talking about these units, but I can not wait until I get to use it!

Old 02-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Do you have the Elite package? If so part of that package is a pillow top mattress.
I have the Elite package with the pillow top and will give it a try a couple nights as is however if I wake up in the morning feeling like someone beat me with a bat then I'll just put on the down comforter on it that I had on my previous TT mattress which was very comfortable.
Yes have the elite package.....I did lay on the mattress but not very long at all, I have no TT experience at all and will likely try the mattress as is, but cover my bases with a comforter that I could use as a mattress pad if needed the first time and bring a mattress topper the next time. Maybe I will just go to the dealer and ask them if I can stay in it a night before I get it towed to its home. This would solve a lot of issues, trying the bed and if I had any questions I could ask the dealer in the morning!

Old 02-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #16

We have the "pillow top" in our 33 RLDS. Its crap. We have a topper on it now but the Tempurpedic at home has us spoiled so will probably get some sort of a foam replacemant mattress this season
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33 RLDS View Post
We have the "pillow top" in our 33 RLDS. Its crap. We have a topper on it now but the Tempurpedic at home has us spoiled so will probably get some sort of a foam replacemant mattress this season
Yeah that is what I thought. I am going to buy a mattress topper that is about 2 inches thick or so and this will be enough for now. Is it May yet?

Old 04-19-2014, 12:01 AM   #18

So has any of you had a chance to use your trailers yet....I hope to in the next two weeks as mine is still at the dealer and I have my final walk through scheduled....I simply can not wait until I get to use it!

Old 04-21-2014, 05:26 AM   #19

We have a 2012 33rlds and we r happy with it. We traveled with it for the first season and we r now parked seasonally as was the plan when we purchased it. It needs a third set of stabilizers near the mid way point to help stabilize it when u r using it on wknds. A bedroom wall mounted light switch would also be good. Also a led light in the front storage would b good. I think they now included led lighting throughout which is good. A great unit.

2011 Ford F150 S/Crew Ecoboost HD
2012 Jayco 33RLDS
2013 Four winns h180 ss
RaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveOn View Post
We have a 2012 33rlds and we r happy with it. It needs a third set of stabilizers near the mid way point to help stabilize it when u r using it on wknds. A bedroom wall mounted light switch would also be good. Also a led light in the front storage would b good. A great unit.
I agree.