Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2014, 07:07 AM   #1

Looking for reviews and general information on Jay Flight 33 RLDS

My wife and I are considering purchasing a 2014 Jay Flight 33RLDS and are looking for reviews/comments from owners. We have had a 28 Keystone RL TT for 5 years and want to uprgrade - really like the 33RLDS. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

pajtgcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #2

I just purchased this unit....well a brand new 2013 and would be interested in peoples thoughts and opinions as well. I just love the space it gives in the living area and I got the fireplace option....I can not wait to use mine..

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Spending my children's inheritances on my toys!
sask934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #3

We purchased this unit in October 2013, got it home and its been sitting in my yard waiting for spring. I retired in February and we plan on parking it at a seasonal site. We loved all the open space. We have the two pull out sofas for when the grandkids visit. We also got the fireplace. Love the mounted TV. Campground opens April 1st and the wife can't wait.
gnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnevel View Post
We purchased this unit in October 2013, got it home and its been sitting in my yard waiting for spring. I retired in February and we plan on parking it at a seasonal site. We loved all the open space. We have the two pull out sofas for when the grandkids visit. We also got the fireplace. Love the mounted TV. Campground opens April 1st and the wife can't wait.
Yes, love the mounted TV and I as well have the two sofas as well. Congrats on your trailer and your retirement. I have another 5 years to go before I retire.

2013 F150 EXL Screw 5.0 4x4 3:55 locking ( not towing the above trailer with this truck)

Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #5

We have a 2011 model and have about 6000 miles on it. Wife and I really love it, spent many nites over the 3 years and we were very comfortable it doing it. One thing we wish Jayco would have done was put a hood and fan to the outside over the cook stove. We have had some problems but all in all very nice trailer. People that have seen it were just amazed at the amount of room we have. We will be keeping it for a long long time. Have fun with yours, it is worth it.
2011 jayco 33rlds, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2008 Suzuki sx-4, hers. Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #6

I recently purchased a leftover 2013 model and look forward to using it for the first time soon. The large living area with the fireplace is what sold us. The only thing by going to this unit is the awning is considerably smaller due to the slide on the doorside but for what is gained with the TT itself it's an easy one to swallow.Jayco did a great job designing the 33RLDS and in my eyes it is the flagship of the Jay Flights.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
I recently purchased a leftover 2013 model and look forward to using it for the first time soon. The large living area with the fireplace is what sold us. The only thing by going to this unit is the awning is considerably smaller due to the slide on the doorside but for what is gained with the TT itself it's an easy one to swallow.Jayco did a great job designing the 33RLDS and in my eyes it is the flagship of the Jay Flights.
Yes the slide limits the size of the awning, but also can provide a little privacy and shelter if the rain is coming from that direction. For me it is a non issue as it will be me there alone half the time with my wife coming when I'm off on weekends. As long as there is room for two chairs and the picnic table when we are eating then I'm good.

I also have the range hood over the stove as well as the microwave is over the stove...I have noticed that some units have this and others do not.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask934 View Post
Yes the slide limits the size of the awning, but also can provide a little privacy and shelter if the rain is coming from that direction. For me it is a non issue as it will be me there alone half the time with my wife coming when I'm off on weekends. As long as there is room for two chairs and the picnic table when we are eating then I'm good.

I also have the range hood over the stove as well as the microwave is over the stove...I have noticed that some units have this and others do not.
Friends of mine have the 330 RLTS Eagle which has the same rear living.They have the slide toppers on theirs and when it rains the water channels and runs off in front of the door soaking the steps etc.. granted the TT could be tipped back some so the water would flow in the other direction. As far as the Microwave/hood over the stove I think thats part of the customer value package however I've see a few that have the package and the microwave is in the cabinet area so I'm not really sure about the two placement locations and why.
Even though I haven't used mine yet I don't forsee any complaints pertaining to this travel trailer.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
Friends of mine have the 330 RLTS Eagle which has the same rear living.They have the slide toppers on theirs and when it rains the water channels and runs off in front of the door soaking the steps etc.. granted the TT could be tipped back some so the water would flow in the other direction. As far as the Microwave/hood over the stove I think thats part of the customer value package however I've see a few that have the package and the microwave is in the cabinet area so I'm not really sure about the two placement locations and why.
Even though I haven't used mine yet I don't forsee any complaints pertaining to this travel trailer.

I was wonder if it is part of the Elite package...but it could be the value package as well. I do wonder why they are all not the same with the microwave about the stove...and with the range hood.

I can not wait to use it.....I was also wondering about a mattress topper to make the bed more comfortable.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #10

I also bought this unit for a seasonal sight in Maine 500 ft. ftom the ocean...love the lay-out, space, fireplace. I had concerns as I have a 24 foot screen room that will now be smaller due to the slide-out, but I loved it too much...oh I can't wait...

ellbee is offline   Reply With Quote