Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2017, 10:02 PM   #1

Looks Like A White Hawk 24MBH It Is!

After much deliberation, the DW and I put a deposit down on a 2017 White Hawk 24MBH. The combination of the light weight and short length seem to make it fit our plans. There are so many reasons it "fits", that we can't think of a reason to look further. We really considered a few Jay Flight XLS plans, and then the Feather 25BH, but this seems to be it.
I'm really excited about the outside storage it has, and the pass through front storage (it doesn't have) does nothing but eat tongue weight. The DD isn't too fond of the bunks, but she'll soon learn it's for sleeping, not making a day of it like the back room of the old 32BHDS we had. This will provide the perfect transition from now to the days when the kids are in college, and I can still keep the nifty F-150. Now, to find the best deal on the dreaded tow mirrors. I just knew I shouldn't have bought the truck without them.
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #2

Congrats! Did you order it? I used to tow a similar sized camper with an '11 F-150 and bought some add-on mirrors on Amazon for about $35-. They did what I needed them to do and then I didn't have to have them all the time. Some complained about them shaking a bit while rolling down the road but I could always see traffic to change lanes, etc. Best of luck with the new White Hawk. We have really enjoyed ours.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #3

the 24MHB is a great camper: we purchased our 2017 24MBH in July, 2016. for mirrors, the add-on mirrors off amazon or etrailer work great. No vibration. A F150 will have no problem pulling this travel trailer. the mirrors are CIPAUSA 20/20 rearview. (cipausa.com
ducati3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #4

Congrats on the new Whitehawk. I bought towing mirrors for my 12 F150 last year on eBay for $125 for the pair. They are power/heated/puddle and signal light equiped and I installed them in 15 minutes a side (youtube video helped a lot). I used Cippa mirrors for 2 seasons travelling across Canada without any problems but I just got tired of taking them on and off and the scratches they left on the mirrors. The dealer wanted over $750 for the same mirrors plus an hour to install.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #5

We love our 23 MRB
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #6

I've been looking at tow mirrors for our F-150, Might check 1 A Auto, Also be SURE the mirrors you order are equipted with the EXACT same features your current mirrors have. After nearly 40 years in a Ford collision repair shop I can say this may be a very important consideration.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #7

Lolead is correct, Kampfirekid. You didn't mention what year your F150 is but we bought these mirrors:

https://www.amazon.com/Towing-Mirror...50+tow+mirrors

There are a couple of Youtube videos on replacing mirrors. some of them make it look difficult. If you have a 2011 or newer, you do not have to remove a lot of what the videos state, i.e. speakers, etc. I had a friend that is a bit more of a tech than myself and he had them installed in under an hour.

BTW, we love our White Hawk!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #8

Thanks for watching out for me on the mirrors. I hang on several truck sites, as well, so I'm pretty versed on the pitfalls. No one makes the mirrors I need in the aftermarket. Mine is a mid-level 2016 King Ranch Supercrew, with all LED's, chrome caps, but not the 360-degree camera. I'll have to go to Tasca Ford Parts, and order the mirrors, as well as a new door-mounted mirror switch panel that has the telescoping switch. The mirrors alone are $1250, and switch panel is about $40. Not sure if I'll do it. I'll try towing first to see if I like the feel. If I do, I may run this truck a while. If not, I'll trade up to a Superduty in 2018 when I hit 85k. I'll pocket the money and put it to use elsewhere.
Now, we are having second guesses on the trailer. I don't like putting money down and thinking. It never works for me. Now I'm thinking of too many things. Ugh! Went in thinking we'd looking at $15,000 Jay Flight SLX's, and now are looking at $22,000 White Hawks. Then, my newer Equalizer 1,400 is too big, another expense I thought I'd covered. And, the DD STILL maintains she's not climbing up into the cubbyhole bunk. We may just back out and think some more. Meanwhile, my son has 2 years before college, and time won't wait for some reason. The DW has been trying to plan this South Dakota trip to Mt. Rushmore, Badlands, Crazy Horse, Colorado, Wyoming, etc before it's too late. Jeesh! I need a drink!
Old 03-06-2017, 05:30 AM   #9

Sweetness! Congratulations and Enjoy! We really like the White Hawks!
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #10

Tow Mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
After much deliberation, the DW and I put a deposit down on a 2017 White Hawk 24MBH. The combination of the light weight and short length seem to make it fit our plans. There are so many reasons it "fits", that we can't think of a reason to look further. We really considered a few Jay Flight XLS plans, and then the Feather 25BH, but this seems to be it.
I'm really excited about the outside storage it has, and the pass through front storage (it doesn't have) does nothing but eat tongue weight. The DD isn't too fond of the bunks, but she'll soon learn it's for sleeping, not making a day of it like the back room of the old 32BHDS we had. This will provide the perfect transition from now to the days when the kids are in college, and I can still keep the nifty F-150. Now, to find the best deal on the dreaded tow mirrors. I just knew I shouldn't have bought the truck without them.

You did not say what year your F150 was - mine's a 2013 and I have these.

https://www.amazon.com/CIPA-11800-Cu...50+tow+mirrors

I find the regular mirrors can see pretty well though.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfirekid View Post
The DD STILL maintains she's not climbing up into the cubbyhole bunk.
It's only for sleeping and the lower bunk ain't that high! Did you show her the usb charger outlet located in the bunk? Mighty nice for the iphone/ipad/whatever charging.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermind View Post
It's only for sleeping and the lower bunk ain't that high! Did you show her the usb charger outlet located in the bunk? Mighty nice for the iphone/ipad/whatever charging.

I think we mentioned it.
It doesn't matter now. I pulled the pin and pulled our deposit. It's just too much to spend right now on a trailer that will go on a two-week trip in June, then probably three trips a summer for the next few years. We are going to go back to the drawing board and really see if it's the right thing to do at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk