Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2022, 09:55 AM   #1

Lost The Refrigerator Vent Cover

Did a 2200 mile round trip from Cheyenne to Washington State with 2014 White Hawk 28DSBH. On the trip up somewhere between Bozeman and Missoula Montana I lost the refrigerator vent cover from the side of my coach. Did a field expedient fix with Gorilla tape (pic to follow) that worked good. I would like to replace the cover with the proper part. Could someone with a 2014 White Hawk share the numbers and markings on their vent cover so I can order a replacement part?

SmilingBob
Old 08-21-2022, 11:33 AM   #2

Hey SmilingBob, I'm also a Cheyenne resident. Glad to see another Cheyenne resident man!!!

Out, kind of behind FlyingJ, Bish's opened their new facility.

They have both the white and black fridge vent covers. I think the come with the frame but you could just save the frame for later.

Not sure if your fridge is Dometic or a NorCold but I think they have both models in stock.

If not, you could run out to Camping World. They are out there across from Lowes distribution.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 12:56 PM   #3

Yeah......those little, plastic, 1/4-turn "fasteners" are a real joke. I put 6 stainless screws with trim washers on mine to make sure it's there when I stop.

Roger
GTS225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #4

Mine hit the wind a few years ago but there seems to be no standard size so they have to measure it then order it. Comes with a frame but I didn’t use it. Now I have a small piece of white duct tape on either side of it, so far so good.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:38 AM   #5

Thanks guys.

stinger608,
Checked out the new location for Cheyenne Bishs. Pretty nice compared to the old location the parking, store, and service area are definitely better. Took my coach in for service on brakes and while I was there had them replace my used Curt 17500 4 point 10K wd hitch with a brand new Equal-i-zer 10K 4 point wd hitch. The Curt had seen its better days the aluminum head tilt spacers were twisted as well as one of the trunnion bar lynch pins. The head had all kinds of play. When stopping or pulling out it reminded me of a train car pulling slack in the couplers. Man the difference in towing my coach is like night and day! No fishtailing at all when passed by a semi or hit by crosswinds. My coach has a Norcold and the covers they had were Dometic. The larger one they carried was close to the same size of my coach's vent frame but was running $75. Got to looking at my manuals and found the part number for the Norcold vent door with frame. It's 621156. Found it on Amazon for $35 plus tax. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have to get together some time for sure and for certain!

GTS225,
Yes those fasteners leave much to be desired. Would like to see a pic of your retaining screw placement for the door. Don't want to have the new door fly off again.

SmilingBob
Old 08-25-2022, 05:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingBob View Post
Thanks guys.

stinger608,
Checked out the new location for Cheyenne Bishs. Pretty nice compared to the old location the parking, store, and service area are definitely better. Took my coach in for service on brakes and while I was there had them replace my used Curt 17500 4 point 10K wd hitch with a brand new Equal-i-zer 10K 4 point wd hitch. The Curt had seen its better days the aluminum head tilt spacers were twisted as well as one of the trunnion bar lynch pins. The head had all kinds of play. When stopping or pulling out it reminded me of a train car pulling slack in the couplers. Man the difference in towing my coach is like night and day! No fishtailing at all when passed by a semi or hit by crosswinds. My coach has a Norcold and the covers they had were Dometic. The larger one they carried was close to the same size of my coach's vent frame but was running $75. Got to looking at my manuals and found the part number for the Norcold vent door with frame. It's 621156. Found it on Amazon for $35 plus tax. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have to get together some time for sure and for certain!

SmilingBob

Absolutely will have to do a "meet and greet" at some point Bob!!!!!!

I wasn't sure if they had any of the Norcold vent doors or not. I seen the Dometic covers and figured they would carry Norcold since it's a popular fridge in RV's.

I'm sure they are still in the process of stocking their store as I think they had a ton of RV's brought in for their grand reopening.

Imagine that, Amazon less than half the price. LOL.
Yet they always tote "Buy 307". Well yeah, if local companies would compete with the big online sellers.
I know they couldn't match prices, but jeez, over double the price is insane.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post
Absolutely will have to do a "meet and greet" at some point Bob!!!!!!

I wasn't sure if they had any of the Norcold vent doors or not. I seen the Dometic covers and figured they would carry Norcold since it's a popular fridge in RV's.

I'm sure they are still in the process of stocking their store as I think they had a ton of RV's brought in for their grand reopening.

Imagine that, Amazon less than half the price. LOL.
Yet they always tote "Buy 307". Well yeah, if local companies would compete with the big online sellers.
I know they couldn't match prices, but jeez, over double the price is insane.
And sometimes (not real often) I find items at Amazon that are significantly higher in price that a retail store.

Go figure.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:39 AM   #8

Bob; Here's that photo you requested. Don't know if you have "Menard's" home stores in your area, but that's where I got both the oval head sheet metal screws and the trim washers. Better than McMaster-Carr, where you might have to get a box of 25, just for the want of 6.
Probable more than what was really needed, but I tend to over-engineer things a bit.

Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Vent 1.jpg  
GTS225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 10:56 AM   #9

$60,000+ RV's and a $20 cover. Makes sense. I hear and see so much of this, it's unbelievable. I know there's a better way...has to be.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote