Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #1

LOW POINT DRAINS--Starcraft

We have a 2013 StarCraft (Autumn Ridge) that has been giving me fits with the freshwater Low Point Drain Valves.

This push / pull, open close mechanism is *%%^#*& horrible, or to put it mildly, Bloody Horrible. I was not going to swap horrible for horrible with OEM. The cost of horrible is astronomical (not quite), but the savings in headaches is astronomical.

Where the drains come out underneath the trailer, I took about 3 inches of 5/8 inch pressure hose and double hose clamped it to the drain outlets (both hot & cold). I then inserted into the 5/8ths hose (also double clamped) a twist off threaded plug. Cost about 5 bucks compared to the replacement of OEM. I will try to post a picture jury rigging.

Now if they leak or don't leak, through vibration or just not liking me, I believe this helps my headaches. I just have to stay on top of making sure the adjustable hose clamps do not loosen up. NO PROBLEM MON !

YOUR THOUGHTS or what did I miss ??????
yikes
YIKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:30 PM   #2

I assume you're talking about those T-handles on the inside of the coach that open the drains. Mine pull and push just fine. I didn't give them a second thought, and they only get yanked open once a year anyways.

Something doesn't sound right with yours. What you will end up,with is a bit of sediment in your now-stubbed off and capped lines.

It won't be the end of the world, though... It's just a camper, after all.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:42 AM   #3

Yikes I don’t know about your unit but our drains are hid under the sink behind a panel that you have to remove screws to get too, pretty inconvenient. To me outside drains make more sense.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
Site Team

No reason it would not be a solution. My only concern would be if they were hanging down far enough for something to clip them on the road.

My rig has both types of LP valves, don't know the logic behind that and I can say I never have had any problems with them.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 07:27 AM   #5

That is them ! Once told, you bought a card board house that goes 60mph. I can't argue that point. I just got the T handles manufactured on a Monday (hangover day) and they are about even with the fresh water tank drain valve. If they get clipped my fresh water tank valve gets it first.
Thanks to ALL, YIKES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
I assume you're talking about those T-handles on the inside of the coach that open the drains. Mine pull and push just fine. I didn't give them a second thought, and they only get yanked open once a year anyways.

Something doesn't sound right with yours. What you will end up,with is a bit of sediment in your now-stubbed off and capped lines.

It won't be the end of the world, though... It's just a camper, after all.
YIKES is offline   Reply With Quote