Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2020, 08:16 PM   #1

Question Low Water Pressure

We purchased our Jayco Travel Trailer last July..due to work schedules we have only been out about 5 times within the year. Only during the last two trips which one was just this past week, We have noticed low water pressure in the bathroom..the shower and the toilet. We were wondering if anyone can shed any light on what we should look for. I checked the water from the state park in the faucet and it was strong pressure. So the problem has to be from the faucet to the camper. We have seen on YouTube that there is a water shower head that is supposed to provide more pressure but what do you do about the toilet? I have to push the foot pedal down about 3-4 times just to get the paper to go down. Before we had great water pressure. Don't know what has happened..has anyone else had this issue?
kentcarol04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #2

Not sure what could be causing the pressure issue, but you should be filling the toilet with water before flushing. Not doing that can cause the dreaded "PYRAMID" in the tank....Just an FYI. Do you have the pressure problem in the kitchen too?
Old 07-20-2020, 08:41 PM   #3

If you have one of those cheap pressure regulators that do not have a pressure gauge and are not adjustable this may be the problem. They restrict flow as well as pressure.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Not sure what could be causing the pressure issue, but you should be filling the toilet with water before flushing. Not doing that can cause the dreaded "PYRAMID" in the tank....Just an FYI. Do you have the pressure problem in the kitchen too?
Pressure in the kitchen is fairly good if we use the sprayer..just regular running of water I find it to be low too.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentcarol04 View Post
Pressure in the kitchen is fairly good if we use the sprayer..just regular running of water I find it to be low too.
thank you for your response
Old 07-20-2020, 10:10 PM   #6
Lost in the Woods

Dirty water filter?
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:00 AM   #7
Site Team

We went thru this at our present cg. We have been here for 3 weeks and when we first hooked up to the water we noticed low volume but high pressure.
After some head scratching, we found the freeze proof faucet had a bolt that was loose and was not opening the valve completely.

A couple of turns and it was back opening the valve all the way.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:18 AM   #8

I ran into a low pressure situation. I used a water filter and probably didn't flush it properly. at the rv the screen filter where the hose connects was stopped up with the charcoal material. ours is a bumper pull.
remlapda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:31 AM   #9
Site Team

Unscrew the aerator from your bathroom & kitchen sinks and check for debris clogging the screen.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:29 AM   #10

Are you using one of those blue in-line water filters? We encountered this once before and discovered that the filter was at the end of its life, and the media inside had compacted due to travel vibrations, and wasn't letting enough water through. I replaced it with a new one and all was well.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #11
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlapda View Post
I ran into a low pressure situation. I used a water filter and probably didn't flush it properly. at the rv the screen filter where the hose connects was stopped up with the charcoal material. ours is a bumper pull.
I noticed a big black burst of charcoal every time I reuse my blue filter, so that can be an issue. So what I do, after connecting the pressure regulator and blue filter to the hose bib, I hook up the water hose to the filter, and open the hose bib and blast out the filter and hose, before attaching it to the rig.

I have been to sites where dirt gets stirred up when first using a hose bib, maybe because it hadn't been used in a while. There's a big burst of brown, cloudy water.

This allows any charcoal and crap to be flushed out before connection to the rig, and it gives me a visible idea on the flow and pressure coming out of the hose, before connecting to the rig.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote