Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #1

Low water pressure at every camp sight!!!

Just purchased a white hawk 28 DSBH and we have camped 3 times at 3 separate lakes/campgrounds. When using the supplied water pressure regulator, we have very little water pressure. It's the same regulator our old 26 bh used and had great water pressure. We've tried 2 different regulators to no avail. When we bypass the regulator and just use the hose, it has great pressure but the manual and dealership says to always use a regulator. The water pressure at these campgrounds is great so no it's not a low pressure issue at the spigot. Could these white hawks have an internal regulator? Or is there maybe a kink inside somewhere? Thanks
lsttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #2

Low water pressure at every camp sight!!!

No internal regulator. A kink would affect you without the adapter.

My guess is both adapters are bad.
Ecfeick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #3

I use a standard 3/4" house style pressure reducing valve with hose connection adapters on each end. It takes up a little more space, but I know it works and it doesn't reduce the flow with a smaller port like most "RV" regulators do.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #4

I got tired of this. Not to mention, most of the cheap "regulators" are really flow regulators - meaning that after a bit of time the pressure rises to the level of the input source. I bought a good one. I think it was Watts and the model is 236A. Nice thing is I set it to what I want the output to be. No matter the input, I get 48 lbs out. Confirmed many times as it has a gauge on the output side.

I don't find it on Watts web site now - so it may have been replace. Was around $100 - but I feel confidant, and don't have to mess around with not having good high pressure showers while protecting my trailer!

-Chak

My Write-up on managing 12V and batteries
LED Bulbs and what I did
Chakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:29 AM   #5

Try this web site. Has good information on water regulators and filters. http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/index.htm
Don
Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:49 AM   #6

X2 on Watts and the water filter store.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #7

Yep - that is where I bought it. My above post might imply that it can boost pressure - nothing can be done for low pressure sources. Well I guess if it was bad enough I might fill my tank and use it...but I digress...

-Chak

My Write-up on managing 12V and batteries
LED Bulbs and what I did
Chakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #8

What I can't figure out is why our other camper a 2012 jflight 26bh had great water pressure at the same camp sights. That was while using the supplied regulator.
lsttype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 AM   #9

If you look at regulator specs you will see that they keep pressure to a certain level, set or adjustable depending on the regulator, AND they limit flow. Most of the cheap ones have very low flow while the more top of the line models limit pressure AND allow higher flow. You might have reduced pressure and flow limit from your regulator.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote