Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookwhisperer View Post
Sams has one on sale 79. for 4" memory foam. I changed out the lights to led, added a second battery and a battery switch.
Good call on the battery switch!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Sams has one on sale 79. for 4" memory foam. I changed out the lights to led, added a second battery and a battery switch.
I'm always on the hunt for LED information. Which ones did you get? Do you like them? How's the color?

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachepup24fbs View Post
We love ours.
Congratulations on your choice. I think you will enjoy this travel trailer!
Hey apachepup. We think we made the right choice also. There's just the 2 of us so it will be great, especially since we upgraded from a 2007 16'. Only thing we don't like is that when the slide is in, you have no access to the back....but we knew that going into this deal. TT must be a good one as we have noticed few for sale around the country.
In the last few years, what kind of issues have you experienced with the 24FBS and what mods have you done to yours?
Thanks and it's almost time to go camping here in NM.
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #24

I bought some cheap one of China . Got them on ebay, 20 for 14.00 @ free shipping.
I bought 24 led white panels that fit the 921 base. They do a good job of replacing the originals.
snookwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #25

Quote:
I bought some cheap one of China . Got them on ebay, 20 for 14.00 @ free shipping.
I bought 24 led white panels that fit the 921 base. They do a good job of replacing the originals.
Most of the ones I've gotten from China so far have not been the best. I have not tried the panels yet though, just the wedge/cob style direct replacements. Too blue for my liking and not bright enough...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 03-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #26

My driveway is graded toward the street. When I bring the trailer home prior to a trip I back in, chock my wheels, slip TV into neutral to put weight on the chocks. Then unhook is almost finger tip easy.
Mdgafney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Most of the ones I've gotten from China so far have not been the best. I have not tried the panels yet though, just the wedge/cob style direct replacements. Too blue for my liking and not bright enough...
The color is determined by the "Color Temperature" with about 3000K (Kelvin) being pretty close to the White that a regular incandescent produces. When shopping I will look for the color temperature and Lumens that closest match what I'm getting rid of. I've bought 2 sets from ebay (China), the 1st worked nicely (921 replacements) and I have a second batch on order that will replace the halogen bulbs in our new 5th. They haven't arrived yet so I don't know if I've chosen wisely but at $21 for 10 I'm willing to take a chance.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
The color is determined by the "Color Temperature" with about 3000K (Kelvin) being pretty close to the White that a regular incandescent produces. When shopping I will look for the color temperature and Lumens that closest match what I'm getting rid of. I've bought 2 sets from ebay (China), the 1st worked nicely (921 replacements) and I have a second batch on order that will replace the halogen bulbs in our new 5th. They haven't arrived yet so I don't know if I've chosen wisely but at $21 for 10 I'm willing to take a chance.
Yeah, I've been paying VERY close attention the the temperatures since my first batch of blue lights, and lumens too. The problem I have is some of those cheap China bulbs aren't labeled with a temperature, just the words "warm white" which is generally supposed to be 2700-3500K (I have since stopped purchasing bulbs without a temperature rating). Even if they have a Kelvin temperature listed, I've had them come in much bluer than they "should" be. And when they talk about ranges of temperatures, one bulb could be at 2700, and the next one at 3500 all in the same batch; that doesn't look very good in a 2-bulb fixture. Also, out of a pack of 10, 8 might work. Quality control and consistency is pretty low with the cheaper ones...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
Old 03-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #29

I had the same problem after getting it home. Even after sliding the latch back still wouldn't come off. When closely inspecting, looked like the ball was more torward the front of the hitch and not allowing it to raise off of the ball. With the trailer brakes applied, had to bump the TV back to get the ball positioned were it would raise straight off of the ball. Anybody else have this problem?
Volcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #30

Wow - I am so glad this was posted as I pick up my first real trailer on the 11th and will be so excited I can see myself doing the same thing. I am purchasing a 14 Jay flight 264bh and my TV (look at me already writing in RV lingo!) is a 12 Dodge Ram crew 5.7....

When going through the walk through with the dealership, what should I make sure I'm good and educated on? I will search for walk through tips but not sure if that is what it I is referred to as.
tanracing is offline   Reply With Quote