Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2017, 02:38 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage

Finally had time address and track down all the loose ends and projects I had and made a trip. Stayed local but in a great city park. Only to find out at set up my awning is messed up. Well the strap broke and now I hope to reach it later on and be able to use it this weekend. Guess I pulled on it too hard without it released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tjm0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:22 AM   #2

That's why local trips are the best for maiden voyages - far enough to check things out but not too far if issues arrive. As long as you can secure awning for travel just enjoy the sunshine until you can fix the strap.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
That's why local trips are the best for maiden voyages - far enough to check things out but not too far if issues arrive. As long as you can secure awning for travel just enjoy the sunshine until you can fix the strap.

90 miles round trip. Need to get awning strap and awning light hooks and a tub to store sewer hoses. Lol oh and a set of camper cooking utensils plastic forks don't always cut it!

Old 05-22-2017, 07:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm0914 View Post
90 miles round trip. Need to get awning strap and awning light hooks and a tub to store sewer hoses. Lol oh and a set of camper cooking utensils plastic forks don't always cut it!

A Lot of people store sewer hoses inside the Back Bumper. Because they are both light and something they don't want 'inside'.

we have a full set of camping dishes Plates, Bowls and mugs, (just enough for 4) and a decent knife set, as well as cutlery. Combined with two Pots and two pans a strainer and a wash basin... it weighs less than 15 lbs and barely takes any space.... so you'll apruciate the investment in a set of cutlery and at least one good kitchen knife.

2016 Jayco Jay Series Hardwall 12BSB
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade
BC Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Boondocker View Post
A Lot of people store sewer hoses inside the Back Bumper. Because they are both light and something they don't want 'inside'.

we have a full set of camping dishes Plates, Bowls and mugs, (just enough for 4) and a decent knife set, as well as cutlery. Combined with two Pots and two pans a strainer and a wash basin... it weighs less than 15 lbs and barely takes any space.... so you'll apruciate the investment in a set of cutlery and at least one good kitchen knife.

Ive got a plastic tub for sewer hoses because I have the rhino hose and the fittings don't fit in the bumper.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:14 PM   #6

Part of the fun, at least for us, was making a list of stuff we needed, or wanted, each time we went out and then having fun by going shopping!!!
Old 06-25-2017, 07:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
Part of the fun, at least for us, was making a list of stuff we needed, or wanted, each time we went out and then having fun by going shopping!!!

Oh yeah as soon as we got home I started checking things off my shopping list!

Old 06-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #8

I mounted an 8 ft piece of white vinyl fence post cover across the frame underneath and it stores 25 ft of rhino sewer hose perfectly. Bent a threaded rod to fit around it and drilled holes in the frame underneath and mounted it right there. Looks like it belongs. Several folks on this forum have made this addition. Put end caps on each end and drilled a hole straight down to put a bolt and nut to keep the ends on.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
I mounted an 8 ft piece of white vinyl fence post cover across the frame underneath and it stores 25 ft of rhino sewer hose perfectly. Bent a threaded rod to fit around it and drilled holes in the frame underneath and mounted it right there. Looks like it belongs. Several folks on this forum have made this addition. Put end caps on each end and drilled a hole straight down to put a bolt and nut to keep the ends on.

I've thought about doing that mod, but I have an extra tub kicking around going to test out this theory.

Did you add any holes for drain or air flow?

Old 06-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #10

My rhino hose is so old that it actually fits in the back bumper.

But yeah... keep the sewer hose outside and it's got to be vented. My goal has been to eliminate any "packing" that needs to go into the pickup body. My goal is to get out of work, get home and 15 minutes later he hooked and hauling. Sewer hose is always tucked onboard, not have to worry about packing that tub into the truck.

Craig Bailey
New Hampshire
Jayflight 32 BHDS
Chevy 2500HD CC
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
My rhino hose is so old that it actually fits in the back bumper.

But yeah... keep the sewer hose outside and it's got to be vented. My goal has been to eliminate any "packing" that needs to go into the pickup body. My goal is to get out of work, get home and 15 minutes later he hooked and hauling. Sewer hose is always tucked onboard, not have to worry about packing that tub into the truck.

Craig Bailey
New Hampshire
Jayflight 32 BHDS
Chevy 2500HD CC

I've also go the flush 45 fitting for back washing with a separate "black" garden hose so it's a whole sewer tote. But I definitely like the idea of being ready to go though just hook up and go. I think for the most part I'm there besides the kid outside toys. Lol