Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage.....Couple of Questions

We just purchased a 2010 19bh Jay Flight and took her out on her maiden voyage this weekend. We experienced some leaking problems from our toilet. At first, it seemed the fitting on the water feed line behind the toilet was not tight enough. We tightened, then a leak seemed to come after flushing from the very top of the pipe where there was an air valve -- we thought perhaps it was due to the water pressure being to high and so turned down that a bit from the valve outside . . . anyone else have this problem? BTW, we were using a inline pressure regulator on the end of the hose going into the city water connection.

Next, while sitting in the camper reading my owners manual, I looked up and saw a trickle of water running down the middle of the floor. I thought I had leaking coming from the toilet again, or another pipe. I turned on the kitchen sink and started checking all pipes to see where the leak was coming from. After allowing the water to run for about a minute, I realized that the sink wasn't draining. It then struck me that my grey tank must be full; the monitor confirmed this. I opened my grey tank valve, released the water. It appeared that the backup came from a drain pipe under the bathroom sink which had an air valve. The plug was in the bathtub drain, and I have read that the bathtub is where the overflow should go. I have made a resolve to be more dilligent about checking the gray tank. Didnt think it would fill as fast as it did. Does this sound right to you all? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I dont know where else to ask.
villain2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #2

We had a problem with our tank monitors w/our last TT. The first place it backed up to was the bathroom shower.

We attend a RV rally and met a engineer from the TT manufacturer and after he determined it was not the sensors, we check the monitors and it was a loose wire, within the wire harness, going to the grey tank sensors....

The issues with these read-out monitors is that they are only as reliable as the tank sensors, which, it seems, is "not-often" .... none of our sensors in our '02 Designer are reliable, or even worth checking any more.

These is a tank-sensor/readout mod at modmyrv which claims to solve these issues.

But for the most part, I dont believe that most RVers rely on the monitors readings.

Good luck with your "leak" issue, as water is the worst enemy of the interior of an RV.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #3

Hi Villain2000 , I also have a 2010 19bh , and our toilet also had a leak behind it , at first we thought it was over spray from the shower , it turned out to be the valve behind the toilet , we took it to the dealer and they replaced the valve , our dealer said they had a few of these problems ,
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #4

Other than a leaky toilet valve, aint it the greatest camper ever made? ;-)
Old 08-29-2010, 09:19 PM   #5

we think so , great floor plan , we just came back from 12 days in Walt Disney world and a 2200 mile round trip , we crammed 5 people in , our son met us there and it was great ,
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:50 AM   #6

I have a 20BH which is the same thing with a front window-- I love the floor plan-- it's the best for the size. It would be perfect if the dinette was a slide though. But we're going to keep it til the wheels fall off.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #7

Could I add a front window? Is that possible? Would be better IMO.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #8

It does open the room up a bit. Back when we bought ours they had two trailers with the same floor plan, the one we bought and a sort of a stripped down version (no overhead cabnet in the front, no window, no outside storage, ect.).

As to adding a window, anything is possible if you have the $money$ or you're handy. I helped my dad add one to his Mini Whinnie, it wasn't a big deal. If you know how to measure, and frame up a window, splice into wires and re-route them, and if you can get Jayco to sell you a stone guard and window (or get one that will work from a salvage yard), it's a piece of cake-- took us about 8 hours.

Regards,
JP
2007 20BH Jayco JayFlight
2009 F150 5.4L SCrew Cab XLT
JPBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #9

Adding a window in that manner could void any warranties, but you could check w/dealer.
Now if it is an older model that is out of warrant, the sky's the limit !!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #10

Take pics I wanta see the construction process
Old 09-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #11

I have the same problem with mine. Service mgr says its a design flaw... heck everything he cannot fix is a design flaw... I will contact Jayco and get them to authorize a new toilet... (I hope)
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote