Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-08-2017, 03:52 AM   #1

Maiden voyage with our TT

With the exception of rain while hooking up to leave it's been pretty good so far. We didn't go far from home the first time in case we encountered anything major. We have a spot for 3 days to get a feel for camping life and what we need to have with us and what we may have forgotten. Temps at night are in the upper 40's so we quickly found out that the furnace works great.
I will probably be repositioning the trailer today. The spot we have has a concrete patio so I tried to park where the awning would cover the patio but it left me short on sewer hose. So I'll be moving it over later today. This spot is designed for much larger RV's but we wanted all the amenities the first time out.
We brought a pad of paper to write down any and all things we should have brought such as certain tools and various other items.
We are definitely enjoying our outing.
DOUBLETROUBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLETROUBLE View Post
We brought a pad of paper to write down any and all things we should have brought such as certain tools and various other items.
WE forgot the pad of paper on our first time; you are much more prepared than we were... enjoy.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #3

Quote:
With the exception of rain while hooking up to leave it's been pretty good so far. We didn't go far from home the first time in case we encountered anything major. We have a spot for 3 days to get a feel for camping life and what we need to have with us and what we may have forgotten. Temps at night are in the upper 40's so we quickly found out that the furnace works great.
I will probably be repositioning the trailer today. The spot we have has a concrete patio so I tried to park where the awning would cover the patio but it left me short on sewer hose. So I'll be moving it over later today. This spot is designed for much larger RV's but we wanted all the amenities the first time out.
We are definitely enjoying our outing.
Something to consider to save propane would be a small electric ceramic space heater since you already have paid for the electricity.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
Something to consider to save propane would be a small electric ceramic space heater since you already have paid for the electricity.
Good call. We bought one early in the spring when it was still cool. Works great in our TT.

Happy camping!
2nOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:41 AM   #5

How quickly will the furnace use propane? I don't know what the btu rating is off hand but we run it just to keep the chill off.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
WE forgot the pad of paper on our first time; you are much more prepared than we were... enjoy.
Mbranscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:20 PM   #7

We too use a plug-in heater ( from Sams club I think). On casters, about 9 inches wide by 26" high, takes a little while to heat up our 29' Bunkhouse but once its heated up it keeps it nice and toasty. I don't worry about my propane usage now.
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
How quickly will the furnace use propane? I don't know what the btu rating is off hand but we run it just to keep the chill off.
Probably if running fairly continuously about 2 days but if seldom clicking on could be a week.

How to Determine the Propane Burn Rate for a Furnace | Home Guides | SF Gate

Think of running your gas grill continuously if furnace has to continuously run.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #9

It wasnt really running continuously, kicked on about every 45 minutes to an hour. I don't know the capacity of our tanks off hand. They're the taller ones. Lol that's all I know. I'd guess 30-40lb? Since a gas grill is a 20lb cylinder.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #10

I also fully recommend a small plug in electric heater, thanks to my mom for that tip as we have a few in the house. We have a thin tall one we brought with us with a digital thermostat. Set to 74 and leave and it keeps the TT nice and comfy. We keep the furnace shut off in full hookup campgrounds. Even at 30 outside our TT stays nice and warm.
markscns is offline   Reply With Quote