Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2015, 12:07 PM   #1

Main door shade

I went to Albany RV, and have been looking around. I saw on one of the Eagle 5th wheels we were looking at it had a blind style shade on the door. I am trying to find something for my door. That I could open and close and look nice. I see them everywhere for the roof vents. it is like a roll up shade. Was gonna measure ,when I could get in my camper, to see if that style would work. But it seems more square then rectangular like the window. I do not want the silver one that velcros or sticks to it. Does anyone no where to get one or have these on there trailer or 5vr. The sun is brutal in the morning from the door and we don't always wanna close the bedroom door.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #2

Yes I know leaving the awning out would help. But I bring my awning in at knight. Want it still attached when I wake up. Don't wanna have to worry about it.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 03-29-2015, 06:39 PM   #3

What do you think about having a blind made for it. With those bottom hooks to keep in place.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 03-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #4

I've been looking of something other than ( the silver one) but my screen door is so close to the main door I can't find anything that fits or looks good.
Anyone out there with a picture of what they've done?
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #5

Yes a picture of something. Next time I go to Albany RV. I am going to find that 5vr with the built in door shade. It was an Eagle. The premier I think it had rear bunks

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 03-30-2015, 06:21 AM   #6

I have the shades on my doors and they are the same as the interior shades except that they are thinner. I would think one of the big box stores could custom make something through the many lines they offer. It is mounted inside the window frame and on tension strings like the interior. Probably about a 1/2 inch wide.

The one down side is that you have to split the screen and hard door outside to move it up or down. Cannot be done while closed due to the screen being in the way.

They also did away with privacy glass as a result of this.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:59 AM   #7

They are just regular pull down type shades. They are not as common as mini blinds these days, but they can still be found in dept stores. They might be a touch bigger than the door windows, just measure your door and buy one smaller than the door measurements.

Remember the door itself is just a thin sheet of aluminum with thin wood and styrofoam on the inside. They hang better if you mount the blind on the wall over the door, then mount the clips to the door under the window. ---- Just Remember, you must open the blind-before- you open the door.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwed94 View Post
They are just regular pull down type shades. They are not as common as mini blinds these days, but they can still be found in dept stores. They might be a touch bigger than the door windows, just measure your door and buy one smaller than the door measurements.

Remember the door itself is just a thin sheet of aluminum with thin wood and styrofoam on the inside. They hang better if you mount the blind on the wall over the door, then mount the clips to the door under the window. ---- Just Remember, you must open the blind-before- you open the door.
Like your idea and I'm taking a good look at a way to hang from the Valance. It has 3 screw mounts holding it in so if I could use those locations and still keep the shade above the screen door it might work.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote