Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2016, 07:59 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Blu,

Your current dealer is actually a sister dealer with the one you started at, and two others as well. They all have different names so most don't realize it.

Hopefully things turn out well very soon!!!
I hate to say this, but I have wondered about that for a while now. There have been a few "suspicious" occurrences along the way that set off my "spidey senses" but I am just making notes, and setting them aside as coincidental for now. I might also just be a little paranoid after what I went thru with my local dealer, but because of these instances, it is also the reason why I have contacted Jayco directly at times to verify the information I have been receiving.

So I appreciate the heads up. Hopefully, they aren't leading me down some "path" because I happened to hurt a salesman's feelings by not just taking whatever numbers they placed in front of me.

But with that said, now that little guy with horns sitting on my shoulder is trying to convince me that the owners of this "group" have enough pull with Jayco that they have somehow convinced Jayco themselves to push back my trailer build as far as possible and Jayco themselves are complicit in all my issues getting this trailer!?!? Or worse yet, they never even submitted my order?!?!?!

NOW SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!?!?!

Old 08-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
I've come to realize that one dealer getting stock from another dealer only happens if the dealers are friends and help each other out on a regular basis - and rarely even in that case.
The dealer with the unit you want has that rig financed at his local bank on a floorplan loan. It takes him time and paperwork to "sell" the unit to your dealer. He's only going to do that if he gets compensated - AND - he probably also wants a little profit. All that cuts into your dealers margin. Then add the transportation cost . . .
Just doesn't happen.
Still happens in the Auto industry occasionally because the manufacturers STRONGLY encourage it between dealers. But the dealers will still fight it.
I have come to that conclusion as well.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:12 AM   #93

Go find another dealer
JayFlightJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:47 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFlightJoe View Post
Go find another dealer
Naw, I don't think that is necessary at this point. I currently believe that my current dealer is doing whatever they can to try and make this unfortunate situation as palatable as one can expect. Am I frustrated? Yep. Am I anxious that something else will go wrong? You bet. Do I currently blame anyone at this dealership for any of what has happened? Nope, and knowing what I know now, I actually think they are going out of their way to help where others might not.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:49 AM   #95
Site Team

I'm also sorry you are having to go thru all thus mental anguish. I hope us reading and following your logic and thought process can learn some lessons. An educated purchaser can set the tone for the purchase.

I have to be amused at the visual of you sitting in a room with all the little guys on your shoulder and all the littler guys laying outside who are giving advice that does not help much.

Anticipating a good ending for you.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I'm also sorry you are having to go thru all thus mental anguish. I hope us reading and following your logic and thought process can learn some lessons. An educated purchaser can set the tone for the purchase.

I have to be amused at the visual of you sitting in a room with all the little guys on your shoulder and all the littler guys laying outside who are giving advice that does not help much.

Anticipating a good ending for you.
Thanks Norty!

Just know that the feedback from this forum has been outstanding and has helped me cope with all this more than I think I could ever repay, but I will try. Even comments that appear on the surface to be less helpful in finding a resolution, actually reinforce my decision in regards to the direction I have chosen to take going forward.

I also hope that if what I am going thru, helps another to somehow go into this whole process with a little more "enlightenment", they can avoid what I am having to deal with.

As for those little guys on my shoulder, it's my way of just bringing a little light humor into a situation where there is none. To do otherwise, is just asking for things to get worse. But let me also note that in case anyone is worried about my sanity, all I can do is to quote Sheldon Cooper, "I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested".
Old 08-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #97

Biggest lesson I learned from this thread is to order the trailer 6 months in advance to when you'll need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Biggest lesson I learned from this thread is to order the trailer 6 months in advance to when you'll need it.
...or buy out of dealer stock!

Murff
Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #99
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
...or buy out of dealer stock!

Murff
If you can get what you want.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote